Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kenmorefield

On this Day in A&F History

30 posts in this topic

And so, on a related note, six years ago today marked the release of The Passion of the Christ and a flurry of posts by people at this board.

Isn't it true that I had the very first review posted anywhere in the whole world and that it beat everyone else by like two weeks and attracted all kinds of embargo fun? Please tell me I'm remembering this correctly as I have practically nothing left to brag about anymore...

Persona wrote:

: Isn't it true that I had the very first review posted anywhere in the whole world and that it beat everyone else by like two weeks and attracted all kinds of embargo fun?

Was it the final theatrical version that you saw, or one of the earlier cuts with the slightly-unfinished visual effects and the temporary music etc.? If you saw the unfinished version, which got shown at a lot of "grassroots" venues prior to the release of the film, then I don't know that it would be fair to say that you reviewed the film, per se; and I'd also be surprised if no other reviews had come out of those "grassroots" screenings prior to that point (that is, if you saw it only two weeks before the release date).

It was close enough to finished. And I was the only one I could find on the web. Crashed the website, IIRC.

Thursday, January 23 was such a very eventful day at A&F, with hundreds of posts coming to terms with the top 25 comedies list, that I wondered what else has happened on January 23.

Turns out, exactly one year ago there was an interesting discussion in the Smiles of a Summer Night thread on...how we appreciate comedy. Very fitting.

Edited by Rushmore

I have been watching more than a few comedies lately. I loved a few of the gross ones: Hot Tub Time Machine, This Is The End, etc. Ahh, life swings a whole nuther direction for me once again. Feels like a good time to just watch me some junk comedies.

(I think I've seen most of the films in the Top 25, but I'd also like to catch up with the few there I haven't seen for some "non-junk" comedies as well. :))