Sign in to follow this  
M. Leary

Best C-Stone short film

Was this one about two vagrants that are taking a shower in a hotel room checked out to someone else. Well, the manager finds out and kicks the door down and begins to vituperate them in Swahili or something and races down to his office to call 911. Then three, count them, three cop cars pull up and they attack the room swat style.

Oh wait...that wasn't a film. THAT REALLY HAPPENED TO STEF LOY!!!!

laugh.gif

i was waiting for someone to mention this on the threads. Oh the fun we have at C-stone.

i don't know if they attacked the room SWAT style, but yes, three Macomb cop cars did show up, the same number that showed up at the bar i was in the night before. (i'm convinced there are only three cops in Macomb and they all follow each other in high speed pursuit at the slighest speculation of a kitten in a tree.)

Actually it was four of my buddies in the room, and i was gone, but only two of them were taking showers. I mean, they'd been in the dirt and grime and heat for four days without a proper shower. You'd think the management would be thanking me for getting them into some water with a bar of soap. They were like a Grateful Dead reunion or something.

But get this. The motel we stayed at was full of cockroaches, the towels smelled like naan, MLeary found blood spots on his sheets and the water coming out of the faucets was the equivalent of a very large man drooling. (drip drip drip). This manager was an idiot, who took 1/2 hour to check me in and at one point i was saying "two" and holding up my fingers (two of them) and he was asking "three?" and holding up his fingers (three of them). This went on for nearly a minute of that half hour. The guy was on qualudes, and the fact that he didn't speak english and i didn't speak Telugu or Hindi didn't help his situation. He actually tried to run my debit card thru his machine twice when checking me in. What a sham of a man! I nearly chewed his ear off for that one.

To make a long story short, he threatened that he'd called the cops already, so my buddy said "Well in that case i can't leave or it'd be fleeing the scene of a crime" or whatever. So then the ugly manager dude really does call the cops and they all start arguing and BLAH BLAH BLAH. They ended up paying the guy $40... which broke down like this -- the two that didn't take showers paid $5 and $11, the one who paid the dude in the first place (who took a shower) paid $6 and the one who did the most talking (who also took a shower) paid $18.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being a part of controlled anarchy at an MXPX show at C-stone - $35.

Being a part of the heat sensitive event full of special joys for a full four days - $125.

Seeing your lifelong friends bribe themselves out of the Macomb jailhouse with $40 bucks? - Priceless.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-s.

PS. MORAL OF THE STORY - NEXT YEAR - EVERYONE STAY AWAY FROM STAR MOTEL IN MACOMB.