Favourite Quotes from Movies

If there's already a thread for this, someone redirect me. But otherwise, post your favourite quotes/exchanges from movies here. Here are a few of mine:

When God made you a fool, He gave you a fool's face. - Lawrence of Arabia

No ... I am your father. - The Empire Strikes Back

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit? - Donnie Darko

Mend thy face, and I shall mend my ways. - Henry V

I'm Batman. - Batman Begins

Stop, Dave. - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Plus pretty much Edna says in The Incredibles. :D

My name is Darth Vader. I come from the planet Vulcan.

- Back to the Future

To me, truth is not some vague, foggy notion. Truth is real. And at the same time, unreal. Fiction and fact and everything in between, plus some other things I can't remember; all rolled into one big "thing." This is truth, to me.

- Jack Handey

The Moviegeist

Many of my favorite movie quotes can't really be repeated on a family-friendly forum such as this one. "...I'm a mushroom cloud-layin'..." and so on.

Do quotes from MST3K-ified versions of movies count?

"I feel a nostalgia for an age yet to come..."
Opus, Twitter, Facebook

Er, that's not exactly a FAVOURITE quotes thread, is it? It's the TOP quotes thread, where you VOTED for the Top Movie quote. This is a thread for FAVOURITE quotes, many of which were not included as options in that poll. I noted a lot of people protesting in the Top Quotes Poll that this quote or that quote wasn't included in the poll. Well, now you can post 'em all in this thread.

And, BTW, Peter's probably just sick of "aheming" me by now ... :D

Many aren't exactly from *five star* films, either...

Ah, so what? Post 'em anyway.

Do quotes from MST3K-ified versions of movies count?

Excuse my ignorance; I have no idea what that means. ::blush:: But sure. Go ahead. Unless everyone acknowledges that as a valid "ahem", in which case I'll back out.

And, just in case ... :spoilers:

Though I can't really see how any of those quotes were spoilers (I didn't say WHO said "I am your father", did I?) :)

- Back to the Future

To me, truth is not some vague, foggy notion. Truth is real. And at the same time, unreal. Fiction and fact and everything in between, plus some other things I can't remember; all rolled into one big "thing." This is truth, to me.

- Jack Handey

The Moviegeist

Plankton wrote:

: And, BTW, Peter's probably just sick of "aheming" me by now ... :D

Never! I just happened to spend my morning writing a film review in which I "ahemed" a filmmaker multiple times for recycling several of his earlier films, is all, and I didn't even check A&F until mid-afternoon.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Ha. OK. For the record, you've only actually "ahemed" me once. :D I use that smiley a lot, have you noticed?

And since this thread is still valid, I also love this one from Star Wars:

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Has anyone else made up stupid variations on that? Like, "I find your lack of brains disturbing."

And :spoilers: :

Asps. Very dangerous. You go first. - Raiders of the Lost Ark

- Back to the Future

- Jack Handey

The Moviegeist

Plankton wrote:

: Has anyone else made up stupid variations on that?

There was a famous list of Star Wars quotes a while back that replaced one word in each quote with the word "pants". So, "I find your lack of pants disturbing." Loved it.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Use the pants.

No ... I am your pants.

Stretch out with your pants.

It is quite safe from your pitiful little pants.

I've got a bad pants about this.

Ha ha. That last one doesn't quite work, though.

And since it seems like the Top Quotes thread has replaced this one, I'll be moving my comments over there.

- Back to the Future

- Jack Handey

The Moviegeist

INT: VADER'S COCKPIT

Vader's targeting system locks onto Luke's X- Wing

VADER: I pants you now....

Edited by Baal_T'shuvah

Formerly Baal_T'shuvah

"Everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You just can't let the world judge you too much." - Maude 
Harold and Maude

YODA: No! Pants not! Do, or do not. There is no pants.

- Back to the Future

- Jack Handey

The Moviegeist

Can we do other movies too?

Boy: Do not try and fold the pants. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Boy: There are no pants.

Neo: There are no pants?

Boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the pants that fold, it is only yourself.

Ha ha, we're gonna have to rename the thread soon.

Emperor: You have paid the price for your lack of pants.

WARNING: Anyone who makes up a "pants" variation using one of Jar Jar's lines will be disemboweled. :D

- Back to the Future

- Jack Handey

The Moviegeist

"Houston, we have a problem." APOLLO THIRTEEN

"She was like the water that freezes inside a rock and breaks it apart. It was no more her fault than it is the fault of the water when the rock shatters." LEGENDS OF THE FALL

Denny

Since 1995 we have authored a commentary on film, cinema in focus. Though we enjoy cinema as an art form, our interests lie not so much in reviewing a film as in beginning a conversation about the social and spiritual values presented. We, therefore, often rate a film higher or lower due to its message rather than its quality of acting or film-making.

Cinema In Focus Website

Free Methodist Church of Santa Barbara Website

THANK YOU for getting the thread back on track. We were starting to go nuts there.

- Back to the Future

- Jack Handey

The Moviegeist

*chomp* - Jaws :)

Any more of those pants SW quotes? How 'bout from the prequel trilogy:

ANAKIN: They're like pants! And I slaughtered them, like pants!

Or ...

ANAKIN: You are in my very pants, tormenting me.

- Back to the Future

- Jack Handey

The Moviegeist

• 3 years later...