Anyone else read anything about the great pyramid in Egypt . . . supposedly:

* It wasn't built for a pharoah

* No one was ever buried in it

* There are no Egyptian markings (hierglyphics) in it

Some people have suggested it was created as a pre-literate "bible" in it's possible symbolism, namely one Clarence Larkin, and another author (who Larkin might reference) named Smythe. There are a couple of others, and apparently some more modern ones I'm not aware of.

Edited by Chashab

I'm ultra-skeptical of theories regarding the pyramids unless they're raised by credible archaeologists and historians. Back in the 70s and 80s there was so much focus on the pyramids/pyramidal shapes in occult and tabloid press circles...

It's been a couple of decades since I studied Egyptian art, too, so facts aren't exactly fresh in my mind. but here's a whole site on this pyramid (and the rest of them), on the NOVA section of the PBS site. Looks good to me.

The Smythe book was actually about 125 years old when I checked it out of the library, so this idea is not new (not from the 70's/80's). I don't really care one way or the other if it was built by Job (as some suggest) or for a pharoah. Won't change my faith. Don't know what made me think of it again last night . . . But then, I'm almost always thinking architecturally!

That is a pretty cool NOVA website though.

whatever.

Geez, no consipiracy theorist in you at all??? ;)