Sign in to follow this  
opus

Lincoln/Omaha folks...

Not sure if this counts as a festival, but I suppose it's close enough. The university theatre here in Lincoln is celebrating its 30th anniversary November 7-20, and are showing a pretty impressive list of films. You can download the complete schedule (as a PDF) here. The list of films includes: "The Seven Samurai" (which I've seen before, but would love to see in the theatre), "Night Of The Hunter" (ditto), "8 1/2", "Aguirre, The Wrath Of God", "It Happened One Night", "Touch Of Evil", and a slew of others.

I don't know if anyone else on the board is in the eastern Nebraska (and western Iowa) region, but I thought I'd share. I'd love to meet some forum members off-line. Also, if anyone does come and needs a place to stay for the night, I've got plenty of room at my place.

Damn. Thanks for reminding me I forgot to tape Night of the Hunter when it was on Channel Four a few evenings ago. :oops: