Sign in to follow this  
BBBCanada

Obsession The Movie

Obsession The Movie

Did a search. Didn't see anything. Already, this is set up as being about "Islamo Facism" as indicated by the title--"Radical Islam's War Against The West." Personally, I'm not quite sure, I'm in agreement with this characterization.

I would agree with you if you mean it is too easy to lump all Muslims into a single group, but it is hard to deny that there is a segment within Islam that is dedicated to the violent destruction of the West.

After about six paragraphs, I got so tired of the journalist that I decided I am going to go find something else to read. Someone else will write about this more clearly at a later date.

I, unfortunately, read the whole thing. Terrible, but a lot of people will agree with the writer. That's life.

This bit about "needing enemies" is ludicrous. Yes, some people "need" enemies. I've fueled up on enemy-hate in my life, although I like to think those days are behind me.

But Islamic radicals are our enemies, whether the writer wants to recognize it or not. (I'm not endorsing the film, just stating a fact.). The very idea that the writer would raise this canard shows the weakness of his position.

But like I said, plenty of folks agree with him.

Edited by Christian

But Islamic radicals are our enemies, whether the writer wants to recognize it or not.

I can't figure out whether I really have any enemies or not. Most of the time I feel like I'm trapped inside a body that has enemies. Like, I'm lost somewhere inside this thing that claims to have enemies. All the while, I can't figure out whether this thing is religious, political, or cultural. Or maybe a grouping of the three. But until I figure out what this thing that has trapped me in its body is, I've declared myself an anti-partisan follower of Christ, as opposed to a Christian, whatever that is.

To clarify, by "our" I wasn't referring to Christians, but more broadly to the West. That may not negate your point, Stef, but I thought I should be more specific.

I, too, was unable to read the entire article but skimmed through most of it. Unfortunately, I feel like I have to agree with the author's overall point. Not that I would express it in the way he did, but I feel like his sarcastic response is out of reaction to a very real ignorance and unchristian attitude that many Christians have towards Islam and the Middle East. There was a quote in there from Medved that made me take a second glance.