Dale's films.

M. Dale Prins

Okay. So over the next couple weeks, I'm going to try to upload all four of my finished films (and maybe one of the unfinished ones) to YouTube or somewhere similar. A few notes:

a) I'm not completely happy with any of these films except maybe "S.C." -- and who knows if I'll actually get a copy of that to put online.

B) I'm particularly not completely happy with "Twelve Stories About Eileen," despite as much work as I put into it, and despite it being longer than the rest of my films put together. With three years of distance, I think it's very amateurish in a bad way, while my other films are amateurish in kind of fun, interesting ways. (Sometimes.) But I'll probably put it online anyway, just 'cause.

c) Don't ask me to explain "Ernest Goes to the Window." Please don't.

Anyway. Here is "Agnes: She Is Missing."

Dale

Edited by M. Dale Prins

Metalfoot on Emmanuel Shall Come to Thee's Noel: "...this album is...monotony...bland, tripy fare..."

Wow. I just watched "Ernest Goes to the Window" for the first time in probably three years, and it is weird -- like, a whole lot weirder than I remember. I really, really need to make more quasi-sane films like "S.C." (and the upcoming "The Change") and fewer dadaistic ones.

Also, I need to stop casting myself.

Also, I can't upload "Ernest" and "Twelve Stories" until I get approved for a free "directors" account at YouTube -- the movies are too long -- so it may be a few days. Thankfully.

Dale

Edited by M. Dale Prins

Metalfoot on Emmanuel Shall Come to Thee's Noel: "...this album is...monotony...bland, tripy fare..."

Dale, thanks for making some of your work available. I liked Agnes.... The eyes get a bit mesmerizing in combination with the edits.

The ending

was a bit of a surprise. Did being without Agnes force the person searching for Anges to look into the eyes of people, relationships, and the imagination of play things instead of the numbing eye of the CRT? Or was Agnes his way of hiding from personal interaction? or am I way off?

Edited by Thom(asher)

...the kind of film criticism we do. We are talking about life, and more than that the possibility of abundant life." -M.Leary

"Dad, how does she move in mysterious ways?"" -- Jude (my 5-year-old, after listening to Mysterious Ways)

[once upon a time known here as asher]

I think you're mostly right -- once you

know the punchline

, I think you can look back at the rest of the film as the ways

television

can act as

human proxies

-- as our

personal relationships

(people got more caught up in

Ross/Rachel

then their friends'

romances

), as our

gateway to religion

(there's a reason why

TBN

stays in business), as our

art

, as our

imagination

Now. If someone comes up with an intelligent reading of "Ernest Goes to the Window," I will pay them $10.

Dale

Edited by M. Dale Prins

Now. If someone comes up with an intelligent reading of "Ernest Goes to the Window," I will pay them $10.

Dale

With that kind of incentive I will do my absolute best!

...the kind of film criticism we do. We are talking about life, and more than that the possibility of abundant life." -M.Leary

"Dad, how does she move in mysterious ways?"" -- Jude (my 5-year-old, after listening to Mysterious Ways)

Dale - Did you shoot Agnes... on Super8, vhs, or DV?

Heh. Other than the "CGI," I shot the whole of "Agnes" on, of all things, a webcam. I think it looks better than the two films I shot on miniDV, to be honest -- I like the grainier feel.

Dale

Edited by M. Dale Prins

Heh. Other than the "CGI," I shot the whole of "Agnes" on, of all things, a webcam. I think it looks better than the two films I shot on miniDV, to be honest -- I like the grainier feel.

Dale

I like that grainy feel too, which is why I was curious. It didn't really look pixelated as much as grainy. Very nice.