It's stupid. Any film that advertises on pizza boxes has to be stupid.

I dunno, Alan ... didn't the Star Wars prequels do that?

Whoops. That was a give-away. :D

Not stupid--cheesy!

Yeah, that's it! And this thread is for cheesy movies too.

My name is Darth Vader. I come from the planet Vulcan.

- Back to the Future

To me, truth is not some vague, foggy notion. Truth is real. And at the same time, unreal. Fiction and fact and everything in between, plus some other things I can't remember; all rolled into one big "thing." This is truth, to me.

- Jack Handey

The Moviegeist

Ah, Ed Wood. He will forever be remembered as the guy who made movies for two bucks. Really putting the "no" in "lo-no budget filmmaking". :D

My name is Darth Vader. I come from the planet Vulcan.

- Back to the Future

To me, truth is not some vague, foggy notion. Truth is real. And at the same time, unreal. Fiction and fact and everything in between, plus some other things I can't remember; all rolled into one big "thing." This is truth, to me.

- Jack Handey

The Moviegeist

It's stupid. Any film that advertises on pizza boxes has to be stupid.

I dunno, Alan ... didn't the Star Wars prequels do that?

So did the original trilogy.

I have an unexplainable soft spot for Larry Cohen films: It's Alive (and the sequels), The Stuff, Q, the LarCo-scripted Phone Booth, etc. None of them are anywhere near good art, but man, they're often wicked fun.

I have a few of his films coming through Netflix today.

Edited by Nezpop

"You know...not EVERY story has to be interesting." -Gibby

Only a few Mel Brooks movies don't make the list. All the early ones through High Anxiety except Silent Movie. His remake of To Be or Not To Be is always fun. Most John Hughes. Most all of Mike Myers.

"During the contest trial, the Coleman team presented evidence of a further 6500 absentees that it felt deserved to be included under the process that had produced the prior 933 [submitted by Franken, rk]. The three judges finally defined what constituted a 'legal' absentee ballot. Countable ballots, for instance, had to contain the signature of the voter, complete registration information, and proper witness credentials.

But the panel only applied the standards going forward, severely reducing the universe of additional basentees the Coleman team could hope to have included. In the end, the three judges allowed about 350 additional absentees to be counted. The panel also did nothing about the hundreds, possibly thousands, of absentees that have already been legally included, yet are now 'illegal' according to the panel's own ex-post definition."

The Wall Street Journal editorial, April 18, 2009 concerning the Franken Coleman decision in the Minnesota U.S. Senate race of 2008.

I have a lot... Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison, Tommy Boy, Double Team (with Dennis Rodman!), and a fair few Martin Lawrence movies... Nothing To Lose being my favorite.

Edited by theoddone33

Oooh and I'm a sucker for Weird Science. Wearing bras on your head. Classic.

"There is, it would seem, in the dimensional scale of the world a kind of delicate meeting place between imagination and knowledge, a point, arrived at by diminishing large things and enlarging small ones, that is intrinsically artistic" - Vladimir Nabokov