Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

Trailer Alert!

Any word on this film anyways?  I remember seeing the trailer back when, perhaps from your page in fact, but haven't heard a wit about it...

I assume you were talking about Gusher No Binds Me?

It's being released in the U.S. on February 22, under the title Hellovator: The Bottled Fools. No, seriously. This is the only review I've seen so far, and it's pretty positive.

Ah, Japanese cinema...just gotta love the insanity.

Japanese trailer for Kung Fu Hustle. Looks even more insane than Shaolin Soccer (one of my ultimate guilty pleasures), and I love the little dig at Miramax at the end.

Nobody Knows

The images in the trailer are beautiful enough as is, but unfortunately, Mr. Voiceover Guy just doesn't know when to shut up.

I laughed, I cried, I danced for joy on the desk in my office. It was an amazing, amazing moment of glorious abandon, and heck -- it was only the trailer.

I am looking forward to this more than anything else this spring.

-s.

Been wondering why Jimmy Fallon left Saturday Night Live?

Well, apparently, to star in mundane, lifeless, unfunny rom-coms with Drew Barrymore. Like this one, for example.

I laughed, I cried, I danced for joy on the desk in my office.  It was an amazing, amazing moment of glorious abandon, and heck -- it was only the trailer.

I am looking forward to this more than anything else this spring.

I can't say I was *that* enthusiastic, but I am looking forward to this film. More Godard is always good, even if I did hate Alphaville.

Man, the best part of the new Godard trailer was the last little bit where it says "'Pepsi' and 'The Pepsi Generation' are trademarks of the Pepsi Cola corporation", then "'Paris' and 'Sex' are still in the public domain."

laugh.gif

...even if I did hate Alphaville.

I can identify with that. But -- Breathless... Le Petit Soldat... My Life To Live...? YES!! smile.gif
Man, the best part of the new Godard trailer was the last little bit where it says "'Pepsi' and 'The Pepsi Generation' are trademarks of the Pepsi Cola corporation", then "'Paris' and 'Sex' are still in the public domain."
Anders, you have never been so right on the mark. This is going to rock us all.

-s.

Contempt and Breathless are the only other full-length Godard features I've seen. Both were great, but I had to grow into an appreciation for Breathless. Another thing I have that might be rare... his early short entitled Charlotte and Her Boyfriend, with Belmondo. It was pretty decent. Also on that DVD is a documentary about plastic directed by Resnais. smile.gif

I'm interested in MF for Leaud's sake as much as Godard's, I think.

Teaser trailer # 2 is up for War of the Worlds. I must commend Spielberg and Dreamworks for the way they have handles these trailers. Here's a movie that will be as effects laden as they come, but Spielberg & Co. have handled these trailers in the same way that the movie Jaws was made, pretty much refusing to give us a sampling of the aliens and their machines, but just building a sense of dread through the imagery of quick evacuation and destruction. This new trailer finally gives us a very, very, very, very, (I can't emphasize this enough) very brief glimpse of the invaders, and I for one hope that this is all they show prior to the films opening.

A full-length QuickTime trailer for Neil Gaiman's Mirrormask can be found here.

I really, really dig it, but then again, I've been a huge fan of Gaiman's for years. I came a little too late to get into his Sandman comics (though I do have a few). I was always more a fan of his books - i.e. Stardust, Neverwhere, etc. Needless to say, I really like this trailer. Surreal, stunning, dream-like, and just plain weird... just what I'd expect from the guy.