Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

Trailer Alert!

hmmm. that doesn't look like the I, Robot I read :-s It looks like a Will Smith action movie.

That's what I thought after watching the trailer.

Trivia note: the robots were partially designed by director Chris Cunningham. Director Alex Proyas asked him to help on the designs for this movie.

There was a trailer before "Eternal Sunshine" last night that was amazing. It revealed very little about the plot and was mostly images, especially of one particular guy who I assume is the main character, but was powerful enough to make me want to cry just by hints of the relationships btw people (boy i'm a sap these days) and my husband to say "wow. that one is going to do really well" Unfortunately neither of us can remember the name of the film!!! anyone have any idea what it may be? I know i'm not much help here. definately an independent film... :-k

Hmmmm. It has a main character... who has relationships with other people.

:eek7:

Can you recall ANYTHING else?

Are they speaking English?

Is the main character young? Old?

Was there a murder? Is he handicapped?

Did it seem like handheld video or big sweeping crane shots?

Did Steven Root have a cameo?

SIGH

No. sad.gif I thought juuuuust maybe someone else would say "yeah, I remember a preview that kinda hit me that way" I assume it is in English. I don't think there was any words, only music in the trailer. Hmmm. And it came right after Wilbur wants to kill himself (not that that helps either...)

um, i think the film had a two word title (sheepish grin)

Bummer...i feel like I got a bit of a memory wipe on that one...

The trailer I saw before Eternal Sunshine that hit me the most was Garden State with that guy from Scrubs who looks like John Ritter.

Looks really interesting.

THAT'S it!!! Whew. i'll be able to get on with my life now...

Bummer that it only got 4.8 stars out of 10 on IMBD.

Natalie Portman. I forgot Natalie Portman. Well, whatever the film is like, it was a great trailer.

Bummer that it only got 4.8 stars out of 10 on IMBD.

I still wanna see it. Though, if it gets lots of bad word of mouth from our folks on the board I might wait until DVD. I'm still cautiously optimistic.

I saw that preview too and it was my kind of preview. I also remember hearing that it did well at Sundance, getting some good buzz there, FWIW.

And that 4.8 at IMDB looks ridiculously low for a preview that I enjoyed that much (this coming from someone who generally avoids previews - they tend to reveal waaay to much of the story). I did not get that impression with this one.

you avoid previews? (Generally). I really enjoy them. I don't prefer commercials on films, but for me previews an opportunity to learn about new films or be reminded of ones i wanted to see. And the preview can almost always make a movie look good. Plus I enjoy the audience's reactions around me.

There was a Dogville preview before Eternal Sunshine as well. I'm really looking forward to that one (though the preview was just OK).

you avoid previews?

Um, I wouldn't say avoid, though if there is a movie I am really looking forward to (LOTR, for example), I try to avoid at all costs. For something like that, something I know I'm gonna see, I would rather go in fresh. Speaking of which, for TTT and ROTK I saw no previews beforehand. Although I had to close my eyes when I was already seated once for TTT and once for ROTK, so I heard a few things, but went in to it realtively clean.

The previews I like though tend to be the ones that tell me the least about the content of the story, like Garden State or Eternal Sunshine. BTW, I also saw he Dogville preview and my interest was piqued, but that told me very little as well.

Hey, check out the new trailer for Prisoner of Azkaban.

I saw the trailer for Anchorman yesterday. 'Twas on before The Ladykillers.

Man... that is going to be one heck of a funny movie. The audience I saw it with was roaring with laughter. I think it probably got more laughs than anything in The Ladykillers did.

Will Ferrell is a golden god. Count me in for opening day.

The official site is located right here, by the way, and I assume you can view the trailer there, but for some reason the page is having a hard time loading on my computer, so I can't say for sure...

The trailer I saw before Eternal Sunshine that hit me the most was Garden State with that guy from Scrubs who looks like John Ritter.

Looks really interesting.

Zach Braff. This movie looks fantastic.

Garden State Teaser Trailer

And to comment on the "looks like John Ritter", Ritter played his father during a 1st season episode of Scrubs. The creator wrote an episode for this season to bring him back, but he died before the episode was due to be filmed.

PS- Scrubs is one of the very few shows that I watch on TV. It's so creative and touching in all the right ways.

For those that wonder what in the world this film is about, here is David Ansen's take on it (I edited some possible spoiler remarks):

The other comedy that got scooped up (for $5 million, by both Fox Searchlight and Miramax in an unusual joint venture) was "Garden State," a film starring, written and directed by "Scrubs" star Zach Braff. He plays a heavily sedated young man returning from Los Angeles to his New Jersey hometown for the funeral of his depressed mother. Braff is loaded with talent. He has a genuine filmmaker's eye, and he gets an unexpectedly wacky and endearing performance from Natalie Portman as a girl whose neuroses rival his own.

And EFilmCritic's quick take on it:

The film will speak most to people of Braff's generation (in their late 20s now), as it deals with the loneliness inherent in their post-college, pre-marriage state (a condition that often lasts 10 years or longer).

I just went and watched the trailer for Garden State again. I'm really looking forward to seeing that one. It just works so well as a trailer. It gives nothing away as far as plot, but it definitely creates a mood and drama on its own.

I would go so far as to say that it's one of the best trailers I've seen in a while, because I think on it's own, apart from the movie it works as a piece of art.

I like the cast also, now that I've seen Sarsgaard in Shattered Glass I'm anxious to see more of him.

And Zach Braff DOES look like John Ritter.

...and Natalie Portman is still a cutie.

This one's probably more for the anime fans on the forum (whoever you are), but here are a few that leave me eagerly awaiting domestic releases...

Innocence - Sequel to Ghost In The Shell. Absolutely love the music in this one.

Steamboy - Latest from Katsuhiro Otomo (Akira).

Appleseed - Not sure how much I like the CGI look, but it has to better than the first Appleseed movie.

It isn't anime, but pound-for-pound, Casshern probably has the coolest live-action visuals this side of Sky Captain (so far as trailers go).

Okay, this the STRANGEST trailer I've seen in a while.

It's called Immortel, and it's a Blade Runner-style sci-fi adventure that stars Charlotte Rampling?

Go down to where it says DECOUVREZ LA BANDE-ANNONCE and click on Standard or Full Screen.

Wow. Casshern is really something. Can't wait to see that on a big big screen. (I hope we get the chance.)

It isn't anime, but pound-for-pound, Casshern probably has the coolest live-action visuals this side of Sky Captain (so far as trailers go).

Sure wish I could speak the language...but it looks cool.

Looks wild. Also reminded me of the Fifth Element moreso than Bladerunner.

Yeah, Fifth Element meets Stargate.