Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

Trailer Alert!

"Sideways"... that's the first time I've been excited about an Alexander Payne film. Looks like a great role for Giamatti.

Holy Cow, has anyone else seen the new trailer for a movie coming out called THE MACHINIST? It stars Christian Bale and he looks like he is a concentration camp survivor. I heard he dropped 60 lbs for the role(1/3 of his body weight)---Im sure that didnt make his doctor happy. The film is directed by Brad Anderson and looks interesting.

I will however not link the trailer because it does have Rated R content(nudity and language) and I wasnt sure the about the rule on such things. I guess I assumed there might be kids who peruse this site so..... The trailer isnt hard to find if you so choose.

If i dropped 60 lbs i'd weigh less than 80 lbs.

Just thought i'd throw that in as a freebie! smile.gif

-s.

Holy Cow, has anyone else seen the new trailer for a movie coming out called THE MACHINIST?  It stars Christian Bale and he looks like he is a concentration camp survivor.  I heard he dropped 60 lbs for the role(1/3 of his body weight)---Im sure that didnt make his doctor happy.  The film is directed by Brad Anderson and looks interesting. 

I will however not link the trailer because it does have Rated R content(nudity and language) and I wasnt sure the about the rule on such things.  I guess I assumed there might be kids who peruse this site so.....  The trailer isnt hard to find if you so choose.

You can link to the trailer for The Machinist from this earlier thread.

Holy Cow, has anyone else seen the new trailer for a movie coming out called THE MACHINIST?  It stars Christian Bale and he looks like he is a concentration camp survivor.  I heard he dropped 60 lbs for the role(1/3 of his body weight)---Im sure that didnt make his doctor happy.  The film is directed by Brad Anderson and looks interesting.

This one's playing in Toronto, as part of the Midnight Madness screening. I'm very excited.

Edited by opus

There's a long, revealing trailer for Frank Miller's Sin City available online now, but because it is indisputably R-rated, I'm not going to post the link here.

Sideways, Alexander Payne's new film.

I'm excited about this film as well, but I think this trailer definitely falls prey to the obnoxious trend of "why see the movie, I saw the whole plot in the trailer!" dry.gif

Here's a link to a brief, but very beautiful scene from Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence. This is not the trailer, but a 4 minute sequence of a parade which took nearly a year to make. If you download the large format, be prepared to wait awhile for the download to finish.

Edited by Baal_T'shuvah

That is, indeed, one of the most gorgeous and haunting scenes in the movie. In fact, the entire movie is visually stunning.

Unfortunately, the themes and concepts of the movie (which, though academic, are very intriguing) are really hamstrung by really (and needlessly) convoluted and abstract dialog. I think Mamoru Oshii just tried too hard to make the film seem really deep and philosophical, whereas if he'd let the dialog and characters be a bit more natural, the film probably would've resonated a bit more. Or it could be due to the fact that I saw this at midnight... biggrin.gif

Whatever the case, I'll definitely be in line to see it again when it comes to Lincoln in October.

The first 8 minutes of Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence are now availabe for streaming. Click here...

Note: there is some potentially disturbing stuff in the first 8 minutes, as it contains the movie's first action sequence.

This is the preview for the Nicole Kidman thriller Birth, which I saw before watching "Silver City" the other night. It's premise is similar to Robert Downey Jr.'s Chances Are, but as directed by Sexy Beast's Jonathon Glazer, it appears it will go into deep, dark places.

Another trailer and some clips for Steamboy, courtesy of Sony Pictures.

AICN has links to the new "action" trailer for House Of Flying Daggers. Having seen the movie, I find the trailer a bit underwhelming, because the glimpses you catch barely hint at the amazing action in this movie.

Click here...

That Vera Drake trailer pretty much sucks and, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't even hint at The Controversial Theme.

Dale

Edited by M. Dale Prins

The new one from the folks who made Ice Age... Robots.

I like the overall look of the trailer (the robot designs look pretty nice), but for some reason, nothing really grabs me. And is it just me, or does Robin Williams seem to be channelling his genie character here?

Edited by opus

Re: Robots...

I hope they showed all of the scenes where the Robin Williams 'bot loses a limb in the trailer... It was tiring after the second time. I have to agree with you on the look of the film, but I was hard pressed to figure out the storyline, other than it resembled portions of "A Bug's Life"... fish out of water meets other members from the island of misfit robots.

And yes, Williams did seem to be doing the Genie thing again. But then, I've thought for quite a long time that Williams only has 2 acting styles, manic or morose... and neither of them subtle.

Edited by Baal_T'shuvah

I hope they showed all of the scenes where the Robin Williams 'bot loses a limb in the trailer... It was tiring after the second time.

True... but you have to admit, the butt scene was good. IIRC, doesn't Bender in Futurama have the same problem?

New trailer for The Life Aquatic... go here and click on the "Exclusive Internet Trailer" link. Why do I keep forgetting this movie's coming out?!?

Edited by opus

This trailer for White Noise is worth watching just for the cheesey narration. It reminded me of those horrible documentaries from the 70's, such as "In Search of BigFoot", "The Late Great Planet Earth" and others. You know, the type where it was almost implied that if you didn't see these films you were somehow endangering your life by not being well informed.