Sign in to follow this  

Christian Wrestling Federation?

Meh, this is nothing new. Remember the Power Team?

"I feel a nostalgia for an age yet to come..."
Opus, Twitter, Facebook

Is NOTHING sacred???

um

I mean...

In case you were wondering, my name is spelled "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."

Increasingly, the word "pathetic" comes to mind when I hear about these new forms of "ministry"...

:(

"It's a dangerous business going out your front door." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
"I want to believe in art-induced epiphanies." -- Josie
"I would never be dismissive of pop entertainment; it's much too serious a matter for that." -- NBooth

"If apologetics could prove God, I would lose all faith in Him." -- Josie

"What if--just what if--the very act of storytelling is itself redemptive? What if gathering up the scraps and fragments of a disordered life and binding them between the pages of a book in all of their fragmentary disorder is itself a gambit against that disorder?" -- NBooth

I think wrestling is a high calling, indeed.

In Genesis 32, we have the story of Jacob wrestling with "a man" whose name he never finds out, but who many interpreters think was a pre-Incarnation appearance of our Lord Jesus Christ. As you know, Jacob wrestles with the man until sunrise, but is not able to prevail against him. The man throws Jacob's hip out of joint, but Jacob wrestles a blessing out of him.

As part of the blessing, Jacob's name is changed to Israel, which translates roughly to "he wrestles with God."

Indeed, this name of Israel is given to God's people as a whole, so that our very identity is tied up with this act of wrestling.

So, I think it's a good thing.

Yours truly,

ABP

No one with a good car needs to be justified. -- Hazel Motes

In the final end, he won the wars, after losin' every battle.-- Bob Dylan, Idiot Wind

Hot Rod Anglican blog ...