L'Enfent (The Child) (duplicate)

Sara Zarr

It's with a trembling mouse button I start a new thread, but I've searched every way I know how and don't find a thread for this film (though it's mentioned in a Cannes-related post).

L'Enfent (The Child) was the Palme D'Or winner at Cannes 05. It arrived in its little Neftlix envelope this week - watched it yesterday. I quite liked it, and it's actually my first intro to Luc and Jean-Pierre Dardenne (though it looks like you all have been noticing them for some time). Ultimately, it felt like it would be right at home in the Dekalog. Maybe the Elevenolog? Perhaps a contender for future A&F 100 lists.

Aside from its redemptive qualities and the fact that it's a fine film, craftwise, I also appreciated that it was pretty clean and I could actually watch it with my mother if I wanted. (Is this true of other Dardenne movies, too? Sadly, this is usually not the case with French films. Of course, that could be because I seem keep finding myself accidentally at Catherine Breillat movies and then have to scrub my brain afterwards...)

Sara Zarr

author, person.

sarazarr.com