Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

Auralia's Colors

No, as I've posted at my blog and at the Auralia's Colors blog, that is not the cover. That is one of the early concepts proposed by the artist, and somehow both the Random House and Amazon site got hold of it. Now it's everywhere, and it's going to be a pain to get all of the bookstore websites to correct it when the actual cover is released.

Basically, this cover, while striking, was not approved because nobody seems to know what that thing is that Cyndere is kneeling beside. Do you? One of the most frequent guesses was "a body that's been covered in snow." One person asked, "A creature? Like Aslan?" This is so far from the mark that this image just wouldn't work.

But I do love it. It's a striking picture, and elements of it have been preserved for the final cover, which should be available in a week or so.

No, as I've posted at my blog and at the Auralia's Colors blog, that is not the cover. That is one of the early concepts proposed by the artist, and somehow both the Random House and Amazon site got hold of it. Now it's everywhere, and it's going to be a pain to get all of the bookstore websites to correct it when the actual cover is released.

Basically, this cover, while striking, was not approved because nobody seems to know what that thing is that Cyndere is kneeling beside. Do you? One of the most frequent guesses was "a body that's been covered in snow." One person asked, "A creature? Like Aslan?" This is so far from the mark that this image just wouldn't work.

But I do love it. It's a striking picture, and elements of it have been preserved for the final cover, which should be available in a week or so.

I thought it was the beastman.

Overstreet wrote:

: Basically, this cover, while striking, was not approved because nobody seems to know what that thing is that Cyndere is kneeling beside. Do you? One of the most frequent guesses was "a body that's been covered in snow." One person asked, "A creature? Like Aslan?" This is so far from the mark that this image just wouldn't work.

So you mean the woman ISN'T saying, "I thought these things smelled bad... on the outside!"?

So you mean the woman ISN'T saying, "I thought these things smelled bad... on the outside!"?

Hee!

No, the tauntaun doesn't show up until the third book.

But after we've bought all three, you can re-release them with short additions to the first two that INCLUDE the tauntauns, right?

But after we've bought all three, you can re-release them with short additions to the first two that INCLUDE the tauntauns, right?

Yes, since word-processing technology will be so much more advanced by then, and Jeffrey will finally be able to write the book he wanted to write in the first place.

Through August, the eBook of Auralia's Colors is only 89 cents on Amazon.

Because I love you.

You may or may not know the answer to these questions, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Does an e-book purchase count as a "sale" of a "copy" of the book?

It looks like the $0.89 price is just $0.10 off the regular price, which surprises me. The e-book is usually just $0.99?

Also, it says I can download it to my computer. Once I do that, does it live only on that computer, or can I send the file via e-mail so I can read it on another monitor?

I don't know about the file-sharing issue, Christian.

I believe that a sale counts as a sale of a "copy," yes.

And no, .99 is not the regular price. Amazon has marked it down from a .99 cent sale to an .89 cent sale. I'm not sure why it's saying otherwise.

LAST DAY to get Auralia's Colors for less than a buck!! Tomorrow, the eBook goes back to regular price.

LAST DAY to get Auralia's Colors for less than a buck!! Tomorrow, the eBook goes back to regular price.

I just ordered mine at Borders.com, where it's priced at $0.89. I think that's only for Borders Rewards members, but I might be wrong.

The book is now sitting in my account, ready for download, but I'm waiting to download it until I'm sure I want it on this computer, and not another. The Borders.com customer rep tells me the book works with Acrobat, which we have on this computer, but I'm still not sure if I can transfer the file once it's been downloaded. I don't relish the idea of reading a full book on this laptop, or on my desktop, but I'll adjust.

Do you think I can access it via my iPod Touch? I just figured out today how to access the Web with that device -- that's how technologically sophisticated I am -- and looked at A&F on it!

I'm now back on the laptop.

Oh, and a check of the book's page at Amazon reveals that its "Kindle Edition" of Auralia's Colors -- presumably its only "e-book" edition? -- is also $0.89.

Huh. Well, hey, if they've decided to extend the sale, that's news to me. And good news.

Huh. Well, hey, if they've decided to extend the sale, that's news to me. And good news.

The e-edition price today at both Amazon and Borders.com is $9.29.

I got a freakin' steal. :D

Overstreet wrote:

: Ladies and gentlemen, LES COULEURS D'AURALIA.

: Apparently this has been out for a while, and nobody told me.

Wow. Given how ... precise ... your word-choices were, I can only imagine what the process of translating it must have been like. Or what you must be feeling, knowing that your work has basically been re-written and re-edited, so to speak, without any input from you.

Wow. Given how ... precise ... your word-choices were, I can only imagine what the process of translating it must have been like. Or what you must be feeling, knowing that your work has basically been re-written and re-edited, so to speak, without any input from you.

Is it a Certified Copy?