Sign in to follow this  
kenmorefield

The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

You know, as I get a bit of distance from Toronto, this film is growing on me.

Zizek's goofy energy, stumbling English and relentless enthusiasm for his subject matter really appealed to me.

That the film wasn't structurally organized in a more academic way is still true...and I do feel like I walked out being more impressed with Zizek than enlightened about the films, but...well...

gosh, it was fun.

Peace.

Ken

FWIW, it's playing the Vancouver festival three times between September 28 and October 2.

One thing you haven't mentioned is that the film is produced, written, edited and directed by Sophie Fiennes, sister of Ralph, Joseph and others.

One thing you haven't mentioned is that the film is produced, written, edited and directed by Sophie Fiennes, sister of Ralph, Joseph and others.

The film is produced, written, edited and directed by Sophie Fiennes, sister of Ralph, Joseph and others.

Peace.

Ken

P.S. I hear it is playing at the Vancouver International Film Festival this year.

:spoilers:

This was the film that Doug C and I sat in on together. Sophie was there (Doug noticed her. She kept eyeing me out in the "Rush line", I think I may have a part in her next movie! :D )

I mentioned to Doug how I thought it was interesting that Zizek would provide his theory and at first you would be sitting there thinking, "What the hell is he talking about?" (i.e. his take on paternal figures) and then he would go on to explain it to you.

Really got a kick outta how there would be a scene from the movie and then his commentary on it, but his commentary would take place in the setting of that scene i.e. shows the basement scene in Pyscho (Zizek is sitting on a set that looks like that basement to state his comments).

Anders   

I'm looking forward to this.

I think