Sign in to follow this  
mdsteves

Film Guys in Chicago?

Hello everyone,

This is almost my first post but I was wondering why this forum is infrequently visited and whether there is anybody in the above mentioned area seriously interested in faith and magnificent expression in the film scene.

Just curious but it would be neat to see this section becoming more active, especially since the rest of the site is great.

Thanks.

: This is almost my first post but I was wondering why this forum is

: infrequently visited and whether there is anybody in the above

: mentioned area seriously interested in faith and magnificent expression

: in the film scene.

Because the filmmakers on this forum are too busy making films, perhaps?

Dale

Oh, it's oozing but I am not quite sure it is with wit wink.gif

I think what mdsteves is getting at is that if people are making films why isn't this forum being used more often. Not much continual conversation here.

I would suppose that people usually post here when there is something major that needs to be addressed for them personally or a project specifically.

mdsteves - don't get discouraged.

What would you like to discuss here? Do you have something specific we should be talking about?

or are you interested in the status of current projects?

Often the progress of certain projects is a matter of great secrecy. No one but Stef really knows why. I for one would like to hear how Mike H. is doing and how his work is progressing.

I would be interested in starting another collaboration late next Spring on something. It seems that the best way to get people talking about film in a local context is to get people doing film in a local context.

And if we were to start a thread on the ups and downs of Premiere 7.0 I would be very very interested in that.

Often the progress of certain projects is a matter of great secrecy. No one but Stef really knows why. I for one would like to hear how Mike H. is doing and how his work is progressing.

Leary, you are violating the code of silence of anxiety-ridden windy-city would-be film-makers, aka "Chicago Film Guys." Actually, I am finished with the film I did in April (The Gun, 15 min run time) and have run entirely out of energy or money so I have put the brakes on the film festival circuit for now (not that I've heard any complaints from them for that) and moved my hopes and dreams back onto my day job. Am thinking about an eventual world premiere either in Auckland, New Zealand, complete with parade, or else something more modest in Bushnell, Illinois.

I would be interested in starting another collaboration late next Spring on something. It seems that the best way to get people talking about film in a local context is to get people doing film in a local context.

This is what I believe, too, which is why I tried to gather some of my Flickerings cronies to make this film, which was very gratifying. If you can create some interest for a collective project this Spring, I'd love to be involved.

And if we were to start a thread on the ups and downs of Premiere 7.0 I would be very very interested in that

And I would be very open to starting a thread wherein I just complain about Premiere 6.5

...and moved my hopes and dreams back onto my day job...

MikeH, what exactly is your day job? :heh_heh:

-s.

You know, somehow I knew that I would provoke stirrings from the Rock and Roll party with that one. Like many of us, I'm trying to work things out so I can make the Promontory Arts discussion board my day job. A quick glance at my posts total relative to others will show I've had less success than some. Meanwhile, my regular work consists of making bricks without straw, aka, making mountains out of molehills for Cstone Festival.

I would like to know how Stef and (M)Leary found jobs that pay them to post here!! :-#

WELL ROCK ON!!! :rock:

If you ever need any tips on how to post even when your boss is in the pod, just let me know. All of the answers are right here, man, right here. (i'm just not sure they're the right ones though)...

MikeH, are you coming to In America with the CFS tonight or what??

-s.

By the by, this is perhaps a good thread on which to mention that I will be in Downers Grove (sans vehicle) from Friday, December 19th through Christmas Eve, so if there shall be any CA(FKA)NFaSDBG merriment during that time, I humbly request an invite (along with a one-time membership exemption due to my non-Chicagoian status).

Dale

Are you going to stay for the Christmas Eve service at Hobson Road Community Church? Kara and i are in charge that night. It's going to be fun. Candlelight, acoustic worship, a big circle holding hands and singing "Silent Night" while we all hold candles at the end of service.

Hmmm. There are still some things to work out, like, how we'll all be holding hands and candles at the same time, but i'm sure you get the idea.

Have you got a place to stay?

-s.

Guest Russell Lucas

One of the most memorable Ripley's Believe It Or Not cartoons from my youth was the one of the guy who worked for a primitive sea watch/quasi-lighthouse-thing and had a candle embedded into his forehead.

So, hey, there's a solution.

WOW! Prins is going to be in town. Unfortunately I am gone from the 20th to the 2nd. I hope we can figure something out to have a little Prinsania Festivus. I think such a soiree consists in going to a film or something.

Stef:

: Are you going to stay for the Christmas Eve service at Hobson Road

: Community Church?

My departure is at the mercy of my brother and sister-in-law, and I think they're (and thus I're) leaving in the mid-afternoon on the 24th. So unless your service is a wack morning service, ah well.

: Have you got a place to stay?

My parents-in-laws', or however one is supposed to both pluralize and possessivize "parent-in-law." Kim and I are visiting them for pre-Christmas.

Dale

Just out of curiosity does anyone frequent the Chicago Community Cinema gathering? It was recommended to me but tonight will be my first night.

A monthly pseudo-film-festival? Sounds interesting I think.

What is it? Where is it? Why is it? Does it have a website?

I thought you were going to come out and party with the CFS tonight?!

-s.

The website is www.chicagocommunitycinema.com

Doors open at 6:00pm, screenings are at 7:30pm.

First Tues. of every month.

At the Excalibur, 632 N. Dearborn.

Admission $8.

I will be at your thing but I'm going to this first.

Matt

The link shows the dates, but... what exactly do they screen?

What did you see last night before meeting up with us?

-s.