Sign in to follow this  
mdsteves

Film Guys in Chicago?

It was good to get together with the CFS crew and I enjoyed meeting those I hadn't met before. I knew the Chicago mind-hive was full of precious honey but after meeting more of you I now see it overflows, thick and rich.

Unfortunately I didn't make it to CCC Stef. I assume they screen whatever has been submitted via local talent. It's most likely shorts.

I do plan on going next month though. If anyone is interested let me know.

I was trying to get Stef to join with me a few months ago but he didn't want to. If you are going next month, I would love to tag-team with you. They usually show some local shorts and then a feature, which always is at least interesting. I have a friend or two involved in production professionally and he said the CCC is a great way to meet people. But then again it is most certainly the same people we see everywhere else. Like that guy with the long hair that is always at the Lake Street Screening center and every screening at every festival I have ever been to. Who is that guy!?

I totally know who you mean about the long-haired guy. He was always at the Film Center when I used to go all the time when they were at the Art Institute. And at every screening I went to for the Chicago International Film Festival. Him and a handful of other people I could describe. I used to make fun of them to my wife, suggesting that these people didn't have much of a life except going to movies. Then she suggested I was one of them.

PS Where were you the other night, Mr. President?

I was ill and I passed out. Sorry, I was really looking forward to actually being there in more than spirit.

Funny anecdote Mike: I went down to the Lake Street Screening center for the first time a month ago (and when I have more time I hope to go every week). I took the elevator up and turned the corner and voila there was the long haired guy. I literally stifled a snicker when I saw him.

That guy is my doppelganger. I can't stand him.

-s.

Hey MD Steves...Are you the guy I met at the last OtR show at Schubas when Kris Barberg (I think that is her name) was shooting film for the DVD?

If so, it is good to see you finally here. If not, then it still is good to see you here. But I heard from a little birdy that you are one and the same guy.

If you[(M)Leary] are the person I am thinking of then I believe I am the person you are thinking of.

Fact 1: I was at the last OtR concert at Schubas.

Fact 2: I was with Kris Barberg.

Fact 3: I did finally make it here.

Fact 4: A little birdy did hear me say all this.

Maybe it's all true.

Has anyone taken the "little birdy's" feelings into consideration here? Maybe he doesn't like to be called that.

-s.

or maybe that little birdie doesn't like everyone knowing that he can't keep a secret!