Sign in to follow this  
MattPage

Boring Barbara Hepworth

Well someone has to get this part of the board moving, and I might try and second a few of my friendws onto here as well so it mioght as well be me!!

Mel and I went to see Tate St Ives (In Cornwall in the UK) and were quite guttted that the whole place was devoted to Barbara Hepworth.

It was well done, and quite asthetically pleasing, but having drven more than 2 hours to go and see it it was very disappointing that there wasn't anything more recent and a bit more interesting.

Matt

I don't have anything to add on Hepworth, but I do like Cornwall.

Did you get to a little place called Mousehole? Beautiful fishing village. When I was a lad, my folks rented a cottage and we spent a couple of weeks there. One day my father and I decided to walk the coastal path (we thought "coastal rut" would have been a more appropriate designation--it was at times terrifying), and I got so badly sunburned we had to call off our plans to go to the theatre at Menac (sp?). Did you get to Menac?

Minack (correct spelling this time!):

minack.jpg

minack.jpg

minack.jpg

Mousehole:

Mousehole.jpg

No,

I reckon I've been to Cornwall at least 8 times on Holiday and I've never been to either of those places (or even heard of them - which is bizarre)./ Actually that's quite good as it means that I have a good excuse to go again soon. Yay biggrin.gif

Matt