Christian

Lynch Likes TM

20 posts in this topic

Completely missed it. Sorry.

Don't be. I'm kidding, of course.

Heather Graham, no less, credits Lynch with hooking her up to meditation when she was working on Twin Peaks. She says it changed her life.

Take that as you will.

Here's a revealing interview with David Lynch from 2005, some of which is quoted in his book Catching the Big Fish.

I always hear such terrifying things from Christians about TM. But I rarely hear substantial thought on the subject. It's either wonderful or the gateway to demon possession, depending on who's enthusing.

I'm wary of the whole subject, but I'd like to find some thoughtful, serious writing on the subject by a Christian.

Wow, I remember that thread. But I don't remember the elimination of Gregory's posts. Did he delete them, I wonder? Or did a moderator?

Overstreet wrote:

: Wow, I remember that thread. But I don't remember the elimination of Gregory's posts. Did he delete them, I wonder? Or did a moderator?

I vaguely recall noticing that they had been deleted, but I can't remember when or why.

My hunch is that he deleted them himself, since the actual posts are still there, just emptied of content; in the other two-and-a-half cases I'm aware of, when people's posts have been purged from this site, the entire posts have been deleted altogether (except when they were at the start of a thread).

Then again, it's possible the post-purging technology was different in the early days of this forum ...

Gregory mentions Here, that it was he who "x'd" out his own posts.

Edited by Persona

Press release:

Tom Waits has teamed up with The David Lynch Foundation to help launch DLF

Music and their 'Download for Good' campaign on PledgeMusic.

DLF Music will be releasing exclusive tracks, like Waits' haunting live recording

of "The Briar & The Rose," as well as works from 16 other artist including Peter

Gabriel, Iggy Pop and Moby.

All funds raised from these downloads will go to support the work of DLF in their

global outreach, which includes teaching stress-reducing, health-promoting meditation

to one million at-risk youth and 10,000 veterans with PTSD. The tracks are available

at PledgeMusic along with some great music memorabilia including signed albums, books and artwork.

To find out more, visit the David Lynch Foundation Music here.

Edited by Overstreet

I was dragged to a Duran Duran concert a few years ago and expected to have an awful time. But ya know what? It was a blast. Perhaps the most fun I've ever had at a concert.

Omigosh, that picture... I am still cracking up.

Edited by Persona

Is this a good time to admit that I'm a modest fan of Duran Duran? Not an own-everything-they-put-out fan, but enough to have a couple of albums and revisit them occasionally with a goofy grin plastered across my face.

Ok, so I'm as annoyed by the catch-22 nature of the Ice Bucket Challenge as I am by all the folks complaining about the Ice Bucket Challenge. But this? This is gold:

First I've heard of this movie: