Sign in to follow this  
SDG

anyone got a LOTR electronic press kit / lots of photos?

I've been gathering LOTR photos online, not for anything film-review related, but for a LOTR-themed holiday email I'm preparing at work for our department. I'm matching photos with humorous holiday-themed captions. So far, I've got Gandalf with a sword in pitched battle ("Every year it seems like the crowds get worse and worse"), Frodo gazing at the Ring ("Just great. Returning this is going to be such a pain"), and Denethor at a table full of food ("You always put on a little during the holidays"). (I sense that last punchline could be improved, but I haven't thought of it yet.)

I've been looking for, but so far have been unable to find, a cheery party-type picture, either hobbits at a pub, or a shot of Bilbo's birthday party (but not a shot of Bilbo addressing the crowd, which is insufficiently festive), or something of the sort. I want to use it as the final image and pair it with some less cynical caption, although I haven't thought of exactly what I want to say either.

I've gone through pretty much all the images linked in on IMDb's "Photos" external links for all three movies, as well as the images at Movies.Yahoo.com, but so far haven't found a good one. Anyone got any leads on such an image -- or a caption to go with it?

Hmm. They don't include happy party photos in any of the LOTR press kits I've seen. So anything you use will probably have to be scanned from a movie-related tie-in book or from online somewhere. I'll look around if I get a chance.

Thanks, Jeffrey. Peter, I'll check my DVDs sometime this weekend.

None of you wits have any punchline ideas? (I changed Denethor's line to "After the holidays I am really going to have to get back to the gym.")

I would also like to include a punchline for a radiant image of Eowyn or Arwen or Galadriel. Any ideas?