Is this a spoiler in a thread subtitle? I haven't picked up the last few issues of Civil War yet, and I think I just learned something I really, really did not want to know. I deliberately avoided clicking on the Captain America related thread at CNN.com to avoid being spoiled on whatever it was they had to say.

“I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” — Flannery O'Connor

Writing at the new Decent Films | Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

To defend Darrel somewhat, headlines on the front page of Yahoo! and MSN have said the same thing without any attempt to hide the pertinent spoiler. Whoever the publisher is is making no attempt to hide what's coming up.

Dale, who has never read a comic book from cover to cover in his entire life

Metalfoot on Emmanuel Shall Come to Thee's Noel: "...this album is...monotony...bland, tripy fare..."

CNN was more discreet. Their headline said something like "Shocking event for Captain America."

I started to click on it, then thought, "Wait, I don't want to find out this way," and moved on.

Then, oh well.

“I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” — Flannery O'Connor

Writing at the new Decent Films | Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

Spoilerized if you must know more about this issue, but comic book shops are mad, mad, mad.

Marvel told them that a "significant event" would occur in

Captain America #25, but that was it. So no one really ordered beyond their usual orders - and the title isn't as high-selling as others - and as a result, most stores sold out by the early afternoon once word got out. You can see part of the issue in another big preview that is out this week, but it ends with the first bullet going through Steve's chest.

The title, at this point, is not being canceled. It is rumored that - of all people - The Punisher will pick up the mantle.

SDG, I finished Civil War. I can only say that this event (

which doesn't occur in the main Civil War series

), along with another major issue involving another super hero, trivializes the whole affair. You are better off waiting for the tradeback - which is coming out in a month or so - to finish this off.

Edited by Clint M

Looks like the shield has already been passed on... http://www.ifilm.com/video/2831937.

"I feel a nostalgia for an age yet to come..."
Opus, Twitter, Facebook

Somehow found a copy of this issue today.

The one major issue I have with the story:

Cap has never taken a bullet? And his suit (which, from what I understand, is made from the same stuff that Wolverine is coated with) protects him from that stuff? Then how did his female friend pump three bullets in his leg and stomach?

I guess I'll hold on to it for a while to see if it might go up in value. I got a variant cover - which usually holds value a bit longer - but I think the variant and normal covers were a 50/50 print. The second run will feature a different cover.

And Marvel has posted an image of

The Punisher

in a Captain America outfit - which is a tad strange for that character.

Edited by Clint M