Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My New Film Company

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

After working for 5 years at a small production studio connected to a parachurch organization, I have begun the journey of starting my own company. My short term goals are to develop some corporate type clients that will afford me the opportunity to work on a couple of docs that have been bouncing around my head for a couple of years.

Two big projects have let me begin to make this transition - a project with another large parachurch organization (this project will pay the bills) and a feature length documentary (the idea for which was planted while browsing the discussions on this forum) for which I have shot a 12 minute preview that I am "shopping around" - if anyone has any good ideas of developing a funding base, let's chat.

I also have a new website (which is really more of a placeholder until I can afford a good redesign).

Posted (edited) · Report post

Congratulations.

Fourth Line Films

What does the name mean?

::EDIT::

Oops! Never mind! I just read it on your web site. ::blush::

Edited by Plot Device

Posted · Report post

Congratulations!

Based on what I have seen of your work, I think you will create a wonderful company as well as independent projects. Some here aren't too far south of you so, if you ever need crew members ;)

Congratulations again.

Some here aren't too far south of you so, if you ever need crew members ;)

Congratulations again.

Well my primary client is in Carol Stream...

and thanks for your kind words

Edited by NClarke

Posted · Report post

May God bless your efforts!

Denny

Posted · Report post

Congratulations! Would your client be Tyndale or Christianity Today? I'm just wondering because I used to live in Carol Stream.

Matt

Posted · Report post

Congratulations!

Congratulations! Would your client be Tyndale or Christianity Today? I'm just wondering because I used to live in Carol Stream.

Matt

Not too far from my neck of the woods either.

There are a few others in that general area as well, like Youth for Christ or Youth with A Mission. I think my comment may turn this into a "guess the client" game. I sure hope the integrity of anonymity will be protected.

Edited by Thom(asher)

Posted · Report post

There are a few others in that general area as well, like Youth for Christ or Youth with A Mission. I think my comment may turn this into a "guess the client" game. I sure hope the integrity of anonymity will be protected.

Given what I have shared in another thread and what I have written on my blog (which I have yet to decide if I will maintain), I think the answer is rather obvious. Although I think we are also making a case for Carol Stream and surrounding towns to be the Colorado Springs of the midwest.

Posted · Report post

Given what I have shared in another thread and what I have written on my blog (which I have yet to decide if I will maintain), I think the answer is rather obvious. Although I think we are also making a case for Carol Stream and surrounding towns to be the Colorado Springs of the midwest.

Just having a little fun. Very little, apparently.

BTW - I thought Wheaton was already the Colorado Springs of the midwest long before there was even a Colorado Springs to compare it to.