Sign in to follow this  
Christian

What I'm Watching This Weekend

The Way Back tonight, and hopefully another horror nomination.

Hope you start a thread on this as I don't think there is one.

I am going to get to Easy A, and then the two I traded for last weekend: Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein.

Oh - and the Bears are now in the Championship. All else takes a back seat during that time period.

The last episode of HBO's The Pacific and season 3 of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea". Excited about both!

I am going to get to Easy A, and then the two I traded for last weekend: Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein.

Oh - and the Bears are now in the Championship. All else takes a back seat during that time period.

There's a Way Back thread. If I was more helpful, I'd link to it. Instead, you could just start one and Peter will link to it for you.

Before football starts, I have Jack Goes Boating and Sullivan's Travels from Netflix. And Somewhere if I trek through the snow to the theater.

There's a Way Back thread. If I was more helpful, I'd link to it. Instead, you could just start one and Peter will link to it for you.

Ha!

Tonight it's The Company Men.Maybe A Prophet of The Orphanage tomorrow. Maybe.

Huh. I did a search on Weir and got nuthin'.

Huh. I did a search on Weir and got nuthin'.

Dude -- 'Ed Harris' holds the key.

Persona wrote:

: Huh. I did a search on Weir and got nuthin'.

Really? I just did a search for "weir" and found this.

Stef: "i" before "e," except after "w."

OK, well that is just plain Weir... d.

Spending the day with my stepson and his best friend at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood, watching all three extended editions of The Lord of the Rings films. That's right, 11hrs 23mins in one sitting. The boys haven't seen them yet. Wish me luck!

Perhaps I should have put this under "Prayer Request". :D

Edited by Baal_T'shuvah

B-T--did you survive? And 11 hrs? Wasn't the extended editions?

Anyway, time to refresh my memory with Night of the Hunter and The Searchers so I can write those blurbs.

Tonight it's The Company Men.Maybe A Prophet of The Orphanage tomorrow. Maybe.

Still scheduled! I rewatched a bit of A Prophet earlier this week but would like to see it through tonight or tomorrow.

Heavy TV weekend:

The missus and I will probably watch some more of Angel season 4, and it's certainly getting darker. We also started Parks & Recreation last night, so probably more of that too. Finally, after polishing off the backdoor pilot miniseries for Battlestar Galactica last week, a few other couples might join us and watch a few more episodes from season 1. It's a re-watch for me, but new to everyone else. Hope they like it!

I'm also going to keep wading through Fullmetal Alchemist...I think I'm finally starting to enjoy the show, seven episodes in, but I'm still half-feeling I should ditch it for some of the more serious anime on my queue.

And finally, I'm going to try to at least start a movie: either Devil in a Blue Dress or Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. (Why them? They'll both be taken off Netflix Watch Instantly in a week or so, and they've been in my queue FOREVER.)

Edited by Jason Panella

Weekend project: Lagaan (about 1/3 through)

Ugh.

Nice encouragement! :lol:

As for me, I'm going to try and watch all 5 1/2 hours of Carlos tonight.

Edited by Baal_T'shuvah

So far it's been Kitchen Stories, Dirty Pretty Things and Stone. Tonight it will most likely be Junebug, which I've seen but can't remember.

82 F outside this weekend (that's 28C for you non-Americans) and I'm going to spend it sitting in the dark watching a load of movies stating with Of Gods and Men tonight. Actually the first is a delightful animated short, Come Again in Spring that I first saw the year I went to Montreal. Sunday night will be Troubled Waters. I'm sure the rest will be nearly as good as these.

Kenneth Turan at the banquet! I really like hearing his film reviews on the NPR movie podcast. How cool. And he's addressing a film event at a theological school. Does he come from some sort of faith perspective?

I'm so eager to see the full length version! Where did you get it?

So far it's been Kitchen Stories, Dirty Pretty Things and Stone. Tonight it will most likely be Junebug, which I've seen but can't remember.

Dirty Pretty Things. What a coincidence: I was just talking about that movie with some friends of mine! :)

(Okay, now I know I'm back at A&F. Haven't used a smiley in a long, long time...)

Kitchen Stories: Norwegianism, cool. I just learned to make lefse, my next batch, I'll save you some.

Junebug. Amy Adams. 'nuff said.

I was wondering about this, too.

Kitchen Stories: Norwegianism, cool. I just learned to make lefse, my next batch, I'll save you some.

Which, I think, came from a recommendation you made in the Lars and the Real Girl thread. And you know how I love my Scandinavian film! Nice job!

Junebug. Amy Adams. 'nuff said.

Agreed. She slipped under the radar for me. Oh, I knew who she was. The princess chick, right? Anyone with a little kid knows that. It is common knowledge among adults with little kids, like iCarly or Big Time Rush or Victorious. You just know these things.

But I'd written her off until seeing The Fighter. And a few days ago I accidentally saw Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. Combine all those elements with the same shared screenwriter for Stone, and you've got a mix that begs you to go back and rewatch Junebug.

EDIT: Just looked her up. Turns out I'd forgotten about Charlie Wilson's War and Doubt. Guess I hadn't written her off as much as I just forgot about her... The fog is lifting...

Edited by Persona

I was wondering about this, too.

I DVR'd it a few weeks back off of The Sundance Channel.

I wish you people would be a little more attentive to certain announcements (Ron, you're excused - Being a former theatre tech, I know the type of hours you most likely keep).

It was "pretty last minute"! And besides, I don't have the Sundance Channel. Is that ON DEMAND? Might have that, but I wouldn't even know. How about just sending your copy on a field trip when you're done with it?