Sign in to follow this  
Darrel Manson

a place to waste time on web

Looking at a list of the best places to waste time on web, I came across Moola. You start with $.01 and play against someone else at the same level. Games are semi-skill, but mostly luck (e.g., paper-rock-scissors). If you win, you get their penny. Now you have two cents and play against someone else with two cents.... If you win 30 in a row, it comes to over $10,000,000. You can stop and take the money when you want. No cost other than time. You do have to watch a commercial before each game.

Right now it's invitation only. You can get an invitation by going to their bulletin board and requesting an invite from someone with extras. Or if you know someone with invites (I have a few) you can ask them directly.

PM me if you want an invite. I'll need your email address, so don't post it here.

A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin

Hm. Well, if the odds on a game are 50/50, then the odds of winning 30 in a row are 1 in 2 to the 30th power, or 1 in 1.07 billion. You'd be getting 1.07 billion pennies.

Of course, for there to be that many pennies in the pot, you'd need about 1 of every 6 people on the planet to be playing.

Do you ante up your own penny somehow, or does the site give you one? And if you lose, how do you re-up with another penny?

Edited by mrmando

Let's Carl the whole thing Orff!

Do you know the deep dark secret of the avatars?

It's big. It's fat. It's Greek.

You don't put up your penny. If you lose, they give you another. Funding by the ads you have to watch and answer a question about before each game (which means to win 30 in a row (at that 1:1.7b chance) you will have watched 30 ads, but they repeat and you can skip right to the question and not watch it all the way through. I think they have about 2 questions per ad to make sure you watch it more than once.

I think most people take some cash out around $10-$20. I think some have managed a couple thousand.

You can also play at any lower level than your own. So if you had say $1000 and didn't want to make a $1000 bet at even odds, you could play at about a $20 level if you wanted. (Assuming you think you have mastered these games and can almost always beat people.

-from the film
Armin

My high point so far was 48 cents. Currently I'm at 32.

-from the film
Armin