Leigh Nash + Delerium = Fauxliage

Ladies and gentlemen... Fauxliage.

As much as it pains me to say it, this CD really isn't doing it for me. Even if you can get past the terrible name (I'm not sure I can), there's not much interesting or original here. In my humble opinion. Where have you gone, Matt Slocum?

Ladies and gentlemen... Fauxliage.

As much as it pains me to say it, this CD really isn't doing it for me. Even if you can get past the terrible name (I'm not sure I can), there's not much interesting or original here. In my humble opinion. Where have you gone, Matt Slocum?

Well, I can at least answer the last question. Matt Slocum is working with Sam Ashworth, who is making better Paul McCartney albums than Paul McCartney is these days. Not that that is particularly difficult ...

Even if you can get past the terrible name (I'm not sure I can), there's not much interesting or original here.

I agree on both points. The name, and the lack of anything interesting. It became wallpaper within just a few moments.

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

Well, I can at least answer the last question. Matt Slocum is working with Sam Ashworth, who is making better Paul McCartney albums than Paul McCartney is these days. Not that that is particularly difficult ...

Are they better than his dad's albums? That wouldn't be difficult either, at this point.

Let's Carl the whole thing Orff!

Do you know the deep dark secret of the avatars?

It's big. It's fat. It's Greek.

Are they better than his dad's albums? That wouldn't be difficult either, at this point.

Well, there's only one album (Gonna Get It Wrong Before I Get It Right), but I like it better than anything dad (Charlie Peacock) has done. It's a well written folk pop album. Matt Slocum co-wrote about half the songs, and plays on all of them.

Though I've only listened to a few songs, I think this album will appeal more to fans of Delerium than to fans of Leigh Nash. I'm quite happy with what I've heard so far, but I love both of these artists and the stuff they did together previously. It works for me... :)

Though I've only listened to a few songs, I think this album will appeal more to fans of Delerium than to fans of Leigh Nash. I'm quite happy with what I've heard so far, but I love both of these artists and the stuff they did together previously. It works for me... :)

I absolutely agree. "All the World" is one of best things Nash has written in a long time...

Then again, I was never that much of a Sixpence fan...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I definitely like Fauxliage a lot better than Leigh's solo album, but that release was so unspectacular that it is not hard to top.

Wow, really? Admittedly, Blue on Blue wasn't brilliant, but it was nice, and had a moderately good flow of thought. I haven't bought Fauxliage, first off because of the ridiculous name, and secondly because it sounded like a lot of ethereal oohing and aahing, without any real lyrical substance. Am I wrong?

Listen to my tunes by visiting my website, or come say hello on Facebook and Twitter