Sign in to follow this  
Buckeye Jones

NCAA Football 2007

Man, I'm fairly ambivalent to football (and sports in general), but the Mich. v. Gators game was incredibly exciting. I was rooting for the former if only because they were the underdogs (and because a friend I was with really wanted them to win too).

The USC v. Illinois game was thoroughly depressing, though; I had to give up after the Ill. QB bonked the ball off of someone's helmet.

Edited by Jason Panella

Speaking of dominating: USC and Georgia looked pretty good too. Too bad they didn't play each other.

Yes, that might've been a game. The two BCS bowls so far were jokes -- they were both pretty much over at the end of the first quarter. There have been some exciting non-BCS games.

At first I was rooting for Hawaii to win the Sugar Bowl. Then I was rooting for them to get back in the game. At the end I was rooting for them to not be completely embarrassed. What a horrible day for Colt Brennan. On top of the sacks, fumbles, and interceptions, the final ignominy for him was standing on the sidelines and watching the backup QB throw the Warriors' only touchdown pass. He didn't look completely devastated until that happened.

Edited by mrmando

Speaking of dominating: USC and Georgia looked pretty good too. Too bad they didn't play each other.

Yes, that might've been a game. The two BCS bowls so far were jokes -- they were both pretty much over at the end of the first quarter. There have been some exciting non-BCS games.

After Missouri's beatdown of Arkansas it would have been good to see them in over Illinois or Hawaii too. Of course I think they were playing with a mighty big chip on their shoulder after being snubbed in favor of Kansas, a team they beat decisively.

You'll forgive me if I root for the Michigan Man. And now that Coach Rod has put his stamp on the program (some of us think that he took seriously Carr's asking for help with the Spread at Rod's press conference. It looked like it worked on both sides of the ball), our Long Blue Nightmare is over.

Edited by Rich Kennedy