Sign in to follow this  
John Drew

Richard Jewell (2019)

What happened to this man after the Olympic bombing was tragic, and I feel is still one of the deepest scars on the world wide media and the Department of Justice. It really took too long for apologies to be made to him.

Story here.

Though I was not searching for anything at all on this, I encountered a few pieces. The ONLY ones that got it right were an NPR piece that highlightedthe extent to which he never recovered professionally from the FBI's and NBC's arrogant and grievious error and an "On the Media" eulogy that I heard this morning.

The Richard Jewell incident is what turned me into a skeptic when it comes to law enforcement. Before Jewell's life was utterly ruined by the government, I used to (foolishly) back the police anytime a story broke about a suspect claiming he was wrongly accused.

May the guy rest in peace.

Ken, maybe you could move this thread to the Film forum now that this trailer has been released. This is supposed to be getting a big awards season push. 

Ugh, given Eastwood's far-right shift in his most recent movies (Sully excepted), I have a bad feeling about this.