Sign in to follow this  

Selling Jewelry

I've found great places to sell gold online. I've sold a piano online. A synth. I've given away a couch.

But I have no idea how to sell jewelry. With my mother's recent Departure, and some other baubles that have come our way, I have no idea how to sell these at a good price.

Has anyone here had experience selling jewelry either on line or otherwise? I've been told to go to Jeweler's Row in Philadelphia, but I'd much rather find a reputable on-line storefront. Any ideas?

Where did you sell your piano online? I have a Chickering Grand piano built in 1906 that I would sure like to sell.

If you don't mind keeping the stuff for a while, I'd say that now is the time to buy and hold luxury items and "baubles". Prices have never been lower at flea markets and estate sales, as well as online. I mention fleas and estate sales because most of those dealers either already have an online presence, or have such a selling source available to them. Conversely, you'll have a lot of competition and may not get good return on what you have, generally speaking.

Oops. I was just using investment terminology to more quickly make a point. I meant to say that selling jewelry right now is equivalent to dumping it. I wasn't talking in terms investment strategy unless "more bang for the buck" is also unavoidable investmentese.