Sign in to follow this  
Neb

Hard Drive camcorders?

I know this is probably beneath most of you, but our performance troupe (Warhorse Guild) is looking for a hard drive camcorder to record gigs and do a bit of promotional work for our outfit, and I was wondering if anybody had opinions on the new generation of hard drive camcorders. Right now it looks to me like the Panasonic SDR-H18 (30gb, expansion slots) is the way to go. I see a lot of folks complaining about difficulty in low light situations, but then we'll be shooting in broad daylight most of the time due to the inclusion of horses in most of the work. Not too many ponies around the table with little Timmy's birthday cake, if you know what I mean.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Neb

Despite the overwhelming response to my question, our group went ahead and purchased a nice Panasonic upper end domestic use hard drive camcorder. So far so good. We're going to have to buy some special editing software because it saves footage as .mod files, and the converter I tried significantly reduced the quality.

It's going to get us started making shorts, though.

Cheers,

Neb