fantasy stock market

Maybe it doesn't belong here, but I've discovered a stock market simulation game, www.stockmarketsurvivor.com. You get a $100K starting balance that you can invest -- it has buy and sell, shorting, limit and stop orders. Each transaction takes $10 from you balance as a broker fee.

When I've been in such things before, it has reinforced that I should trust somebody else with my investment decisions, but it's still fun to see how you do. In the 2 market days I've been in, I'm up almost $300 (mostly due to one good investment that covers my losers elsewhere.)

A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin

Yup. About par for me. Already down $3K. My buys go down and my shorts go up.

I was (still am) short in Yahoo. It was doing nicely for me. I was about $750 to the good. I figured I was about ready to cover the next day, when bang! they announce their earnings. By the time I could try to cover it had made a $1000 turn around and it's still going up. Stupid stock market.

Simulations such as this are really day trading games. Perfectly good investment stocks don't really perform well in this game. You need something that's going to make a quick profit.

-from the film
Armin

yup, that's the right site. ::blushing::

And you're right, it may be even less realistic that fantasy sports, and that's saying something. Picking horses is probably easier.

-from the film
Armin