Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

Calvin's Festival of Faith and Writing 2008

Oh, and I won't have a car. So someone will need to play chauffeur...

...if you don't mind riding with half-a-dozen college students in a van...

Just saw the newest schedule. Wow. This is going to be a great festival!

I'll have a car too that I'm borrowing from the friends I'm staying with. And I agree, Jason. I was looking over the schedule last night and getting more and more excited. Here's one of the sessions I noticed that looks like it will be great: "Writing Is the Only Way I Know How to Pray".

I'll have my car at the festival as well. It looks like we'll have a caravan cruising the streets of Grand Rapids. ;)

Looking at the schedule, there will be a lot of great talks going on at the same time. It will be like going to Cornerstone and trying to choose which thing I want to go to. I hope some of these lectures will be recorded.

I'm still trying to find a way for all this to work. I found out I have to work on that Saturday, so while I have a ride down on Thursday with Hugh Cook (who will be reading there and leading a couple workshops... I highly recommend him!), I am trying to find a way back up to Ontario on the Friday.

Hmmm. Maybe I can ask for that Saturday off.

Edited by Aralyn

For what it's worth, I now have dinner plans for Friday, so Thursday night or sometime earlier in the day on Friday or Saturday will have to work.

Wow, this is coming up quick! Time flies. I'm looking forward to it.

Are there still plans for an A&F get together Thursday evening, or some other time during the festival?

I have Thursday evening reserved to meet whoever can assemble.

I'm still up for it too, but I may bring along a few students (they're cool students, and we only have two vans, so we really can't split up that much). If some folks don't like this idea, please let me know!

I don't mind a ride in a van. It will bring back old memories of youth group and mission trips, in a packed van singing songs.

OK, we can do without the singing. I don't believe "Father Abraham" is too hip among the college crowd nowadays. :)

AUUGH!!

My plane doesn't land in Grand Rapids until 6 p.m.!

That means I won't be checked in and ready to go to dinner until probably 7 or 7:30. (Is the school near the airport?)

Anybody up for a LATE dinner?

Jeffrey

That would be fine with me

That still works for me too. I'll just have to leave by about 8:30 for the Caedmon's concert.

Where do we want to meet? 7:00 at the Festival Registration desk in the Prince Center?

Agnieszka Tennant wraps the festival for the Wall Street Journal. I read her description of Calvin's strict code somewhat skeptically -- hasn't the college's faithfulness to its confessional standards been the source of some controversy in recent years? -- but for the most part enjoyed the article, which made me wish I'd attended the event.

Edited by Christian