Thao

Persona

For fans of Frente, maybe Feist.

It's not a perfect album, but it is fun. It has quite a few very strong points in songs that are driven by her very strong voice, which is best when pressing the limits and doubled up. I really love "Bag of Hammers," "Swimming Pools," "Geography," and "Travel."

I see them as a band that could really go far if they'd add a few more members and develop their sound a bit more. I have plans to see them with Xiu Xiu in March, and wonder whether or not these songs will sound empty with only four people playing them.

This is my first exposure to Xiu Xiu, btw, and after downloading 15 or so of their songs I am a little scared. Any tips? :)

Edited by stef

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

We just had a reviewer love this album at Stereo Subversion and I really like what I've heard as well. "Geography" is quite good and she has several songs up at her MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/thaomusic

For fans of Frente, maybe Feist.

It's not a perfect album, but it is fun. It has quite a few very strong points in songs that are driven by her very strong voice, which is best when pressing the limits and doubled up. I really love "Bag of Hammers," "Swimming Pools," "Geography," and "Travel."

I see them as a band that could really go far if they'd add a few more members and develop their sound a bit more. I have plans to see them with Xiu Xiu in March, and wonder whether or not these songs will sound empty with only four people playing them.

This is my first exposure to Xiu Xiu, btw, and after downloading 15 or so of their songs I am a little scared. Any tips? :)

Solishu,

I took your Xiu Xiu advice and now I am in a perilous, zoned out trance. Not good, because I have a scheduled grocery store run right now. I hope I survive. Thanks a lot!

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

• 1 month later...