Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

Legion

I just watched this film this morning at about 3 a.m.. It is my perfect insomnia type of movie. That usually equates to B movies or cheesy movies, which are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

I have no desire to defend this movie as it was pretty bad for several reasons beyond theology and missed opportunities. This just wasn't good movie making. So many issues with continuity and inconsistency in actors performances and bad edits and transitions.

I agree with, what I am calling the 6 points of Peter, especially when he put his finger on the fact that they seemed to have skipped the idea that there is a New Testament.

That being said, they did try to close the logic of the film in a couple of different ways, no matter how poorly, they did try.

1) The human form of Michael and the need for first aid was explained during the fight with Gabriel. Gabriel specifically says, "You wanted to live like a human...now you shall die like one." I think this could explain the need for sutures. However, it does not explain why after he assumed the life and body of a human he also maintain all of his power and an angel? There is no way he could have fought Gabriel if he was "living like a human."

2) The promiscuity of Charlie was all cleared up when the father and son were talking and the father said something like, "She sleeps with all these other guys but not you." The son replies, "She isn't like that." Come on, don't you think Joseph had to do the same thing? People thought Mary slept with someone else and I am nearly certain that Joseph simply stood up and said, "She is not like that."

Man, I hope this clears some things up.