Sign in to follow this  
Phantom_of_the_Forum

"Love and Consequences"

This came up a couple days ago and I didn't see anything pop up here so I was just curious as to any reactions to this or if anyone actually cared:

Author admits acclaimed memoir is fantasy

In "Love and Consequences," a critically acclaimed memoir published last week, Margaret B. Jones wrote about her life as a half-white, half-Native American girl growing up in South-Central Los Angeles as a foster child among gang-bangers, running drugs for the Bloods. The problem is that none of it is true.

Margaret B. Jones is a pseudonym for Margaret Seltzer, who is all white and grew up in the well-to-do Sherman Oaks section of Los Angeles, in the San Fernando Valley, with her biological family. She graduated from the Campbell Hall School, a private Episcopal day school in the North Hollywood neighborhood. She has never lived with a foster family, nor did she run drugs for any gang members. Nor did she graduate from the University of Oregon, as she had claimed.

Full Story Here...

It sure seems a shame that she wasn't up front to begin with and categorize it as fiction. Not only is her writing career probably over but what is apparently such a powerful story will now be covered in a cloud. I wonder what she was trying to accomplish with her subterfuge?

Too bad.

(Uh oh, I tried to save this four times and it never refreshed, but it looks like it actually did ... sorry.)

Edited by Phantom_of_the_Forum

Wait until the world finds out that Through a Screen Darkly isn't true, not a word of it... but here's the kicker. Auralia's Colors is!

The topic should be cleaned up now.