Sign in to follow this  
NClarke

Latest Project - Round Trip Missions

The trailer has been posted for my latest project with Christianity Today, Round Trip Missions. It's a documentary based curriculum for short term missions teams. I followed two teams this past year, one from North Carolina that went to Kenya and one from Kenya that went to North Carolina. My hope is that we can take some of the footage and re-cut it into a more traditional short film form. One final thing, Charlie Peacock produced the score for the project (although his music is not in the trailer.) I just got back from Nashville where I was working with him - very fun.

nate

www.fourthlinefilms.com

hummmm... hi! well i guess i just want to share something with you guys..im a student in filmmaking here in Cebu, Philippines im inrolled in a two year CRAZY FILMMAKER PROGRAM in IAFT and our thesis 401 is fast approaching im just thingking of making a docummentary film about the eadthquake that happen in china would be the best for us..since RED Digital Cinema Inc. has delivered the first of a total of five RED Cameras to our school and making such a good story for this wonderful equipment would be nice then...but, just made a promise that im gonna feature the story of my ex-classmade wrote...

The story is about a street kid who lives from day to day stealing what he can to survive. He forms a friendship with a priest who tries to guide him towards a better path. Unfortunately reality is reality and he has no choice but to steal to survive. He grows up. Time passes. During one of his gigs his partner stabs the lady they're stealing from. This proves too much for him. He was comfortable with stealing but now this is murder. His conscience can't take it. He visits his priest/father figure for advice. The priest tells him he must give an equal penance for the sin. He decides he wants out of the whole crime scene. He visits his leader and tries to cut a deal with him.

He gets roughed up but he's also given a chance to get out. One job: To steal the statue of Mary from the cathedral for a private collector. Unfortunately, this is also where his priest friend holds residency. He has no choice but to steal it to get out of the syndicate. He goes to the cathedral, walks up to the statue and is met by his priest friend. The priest gives him some advice and walks off. He deliberates but ultimately, he decides that he can't do it.

He goes searching for his priest-friend. He finds him secretly talking to his leader. Apparently the priest was part of it all along. He is hurt, betrayed and angered by the revelation. He waits for both of them in the alley outside the church and confronts them. The syndicate leader pulls out a gun. They wrestle for it. He gets shot and our protagonist ends up sticking the gun to the priest's head. He pulls the trigger but at the last moment he points the gun away and the bullet hits the pavement. The priest collapses to a shivering ball. The street kid wears the rosary around his neck and walks off. His faith and morals are in tact.

Today we have to meet our producing mentor to cover any overlooked details and then prep the actors. I just hope we get this one right.

Hey, Nate. The trailer looks great and I look forward to checking out the blog. How is the final cut coming along?

I haven't bee around for a while but I am trying to catch up - especially in the filmmaker forum.

What are you shooting on these days?