Sign in to follow this  
M. Leary

Akerman

Doug, now that we have the pleasure of seeing your viewing journal, you are obligated to answer our questions about what you are watching. ( :wink: ).

Two part question:

Where on earth did you find all of those Akerman films? I will always feel so untutored until I can see more of her films than the one that I have seen. And why Akerman, what was your initial response to her films?

"...the vivid crossing of borders between film and theology may save the film from the banality of cinema and festival business, and it may also save the church from the deep sleep of the habitual and the always known."

(Hans Werner Dannowski)

Filmwell | Twitter

Okay, but I reserve the right to simply link to my filmjourney write-ups. wink.gif

(Incidentally, my Akerman piece received top billing at GreenCine today.)

I loved all four films.

Guest Russell Lucas

I really, really want to see that Robot anthology. Looks like video will be the only way.

It was very good--I highly recommend it. I'm a sucker for intelligent SF anyway, but the fact that it's a bona fide independent film and that the producer did a Q&A with the three of us who showed up for its opening in Pasadena really won me over.

http://www.robotstories.net

Great piece Doug. Fantastic.

I just managed to scroung up a few Akerman DVD's, looking forward to seeing them.

Only three people showed up for that screening? Man, that is hard to believe, I can't wait until the DVD gets released.

"...the vivid crossing of borders between film and theology may save the film from the banality of cinema and festival business, and it may also save the church from the deep sleep of the habitual and the always known."

(Hans Werner Dannowski)

Filmwell | Twitter

Thanks, (M).

Three people at my theatre, but it screened in several at the same time, and it's ongoing. In fact, the film has been held over an extra week, so it must be doing pretty well.

The producer said they had no video distributor yet, but they hope to get one at some point.

Hey Ken. I think this could even be deleted as it looks like I made this errant thread, which was not connected to a specific Chantal Akerman film.

(Hans Werner Dannowski)

Filmwell | Twitter

21 minutes ago, M. Leary said:

Hey Ken. I think this could even be deleted as it looks like I made this errant thread, which was not connected to a specific Chantal Akerman film.

We seem to have a contingent against deleting any threads, so I will move it to Short Term Parking and ask people if it should be deleted, integrated with other thread, or left separate.