Texas

UCLA

Championship:

North Carolina

UCLA

Champion:

UCLA

Edited by Kyle

not that i followed college basketball at all this year, but....

Final Four:

UNC

Georgetown

Pitt

UCLA

Championship:

UNC

Pitt

National Champion:

UNC

Day one went pretty well for me. I got 12/16 games correct and only one of my Sweet 16 teams lost (USC - who I wasn't sure was a contender or pretender. I guess we now know).

And how about those Washington St. Cougars (my team?). With 30 seconds to go in the second half, Winthrop had scored 8 points for the half! Even for an overmachted team, that is remarkable.

Boy, something was in the water in Tampa!

I'm 21/32 with only 2 gone from the Sweet 16 and 1 gone from the Elite Eight. (Boo, Clemson. Boo.)

Upsets that I'm most excited about calling: Western Kentucky and Davidson.

Day 2 was a killer. I'm doing about as well as Zalm

Round 1: 21/32

However, 13/16 Sweet 16 teams are still around (Clemson, USC, and Connecticut...I hardly knew ya) and all 8 of my elite 8 are still around.

Just for fun, here are my "surprises" advancing to the Sweet 16

Butler over Tennessee

West Virginia over Duke

The rest of my picks that are still around pretty much follow the seeding.

... and my bracket is officially toast.

i guess that's the risk i ran by choosing a 4 seed to make it to the finals.

Boy! Davidson is still around. And UNC CREAMED Arkansas. I didn't expect them to lose, but I didn't expect that either.

And my bracket was doing awesome until a 45 second span on Sunday when both Butler and Georgetown went down. I knew I was taking a risk with Butler, but Georgetown really let me down.

As it stands:

Round of 32: 21/32 correct

Round of 16: 10/16 correct

Round of 8: I have 6 of the 8 still alive

Round of 4: I have all 4 still alive

Best Prediction:

West Virginia over Duke

I don't really have any more upset material left. The only pairings I have left where both teams are still alive are North Carolina/Wash. St., Stanford/Texas, and Xavier/West Virginia and I have the higher seed winning all those games.

I have to hand it to Washington St. by the way. Since the end of the first half against Wintrop they've given up only 40 points in 60 minutes of basketball. Now that's defense. Unfortunately they now meet UNC and the Cougars don't do well against outstanding big men. They're 0-5 against UCLA and Kevin Love and Stanford and the Lopez twins.

What a boring bunch of games tonight. I thought Stanford was going to make a game of it, but I guess not.

BTW I picked 6/8 Elite Teams correct. Not bad. Plus all my final four teams are still around.

I'm 5 of 8, my final two teams are still there. This is my best year picking ever. But then I never watch hoops.

I picked 3/4 correctly for the Final Four. Only Texas did me wrong by losing to Memphis. My final pairing (Carolina and UCLA) are still around. This has been my best bracket ever. Of course, just as I was feeling pretty good about myself, I decided to glance through who was actually winning the games. It was the higher seeds.

up until now I have correctly guessed (key word) 40/60 of the slots correctly.

Had I have just picked the higher seed in every single game, I would have guessed 44/60 slots correctly. In the South alone, the higher seed won 14/15 games.

In my worst region (midwest) and the region with the most upsets, I picked only 7/15, which was one worse than if I just went with the higher seed (8/15) every time.

The threat is of exspansion to 96 teams. In February, WSJ's The Couch column suggested opening up the brackets to everyone. 96 would be close.