Sign in to follow this  
Darrel Manson

it's not Russian Ark, but...

The following is an ad created for Honda and used in the UK. It is not a

digital image: everything you see came from 2 custom hand-built (and

then dismantled) Honda Accords. You'll be seeing an authentic

single-shot live-action film that only took 606 takes to get right.

Make sure your sound is on!

http://www.daboyz.org/honda/

If this is the ad I think it is, I believe there is ONE seam, digital or otherwise, at the almost exact middle of the ad.

The funny thing is, when I saw this thread's title and when I saw which forum it was in, I somehow guessed right away what this would be in reference to ... and I haven't even seen this ad in months, if not years!

Thanks for posting that Darrel. Nopt having a TV licence I haven't seen the ad. However at Christmas it featured in the "100 greatest TV moments" for the year (which, on principle, I watch every year at my parents / friends, just to remind myself precisely why I don't have a TV). Unfortunately the programme makers in their infinite wisom decided that rather than just show the clip and let us appreciate it, it made more sense to only show clips from it and intersperse it with D list celebs making inane comments. Same length of feature, significantly decreased viewer pleasure.

So it was giood to actually see it.

Matt

Peter T Chattaway wrote:

: If this is the ad I think it is, I believe there is ONE seam, digital or

: otherwise, at the almost exact middle of the ad.

Ah yes, here is where I read about that: "The full advert is divided in two -- because the studio couldn't fit in all the kit at once. Just one second of computer generation is used to link the two halves -- when an exhaust pipe rolls across the floor."

Nevermind, found it.

At one point, three tyres roll uphill because inside they have been weighted with bolts and screws.

I remember only seeing a fragment of this. Definitely not the final car and brand flag. We always see prototype and new/not yet released models around here. Never seen that wagon before. Very hot looking car.

Now I remember. The ad I saw had a different ending that merely ended with a four door Accord in the picture, not a wagon. And it didn't move, but something in the sequence unfurled the banner. I like this better with the activated remote tipping the balanced car. And you are right, Darrell, sound is important. I was impressed with the bell like tone of the muffler early in the ad.

The Sequel

I think. Can't get to the original site anymore. Has some of the same elements, but seems to have a few more as well.

Edited by Darrel Manson