Anyone know Flash?

SDG

Wish I could help you. I built my website off of a flash template that I found, but there was plenty I wanted to change about the original template. That included plenty of ActionScript, which absolutely kicked my (relatively code-savvy) butt. I eventually got it all to work the way I envisioned, but only after LOTS and LOTS of wrong turns, advice from more knowledgeable friends, etc. And unfortunately, I'm afraid all I ever really learned was how to do the exact thing I was trying to do at the time. So all I know to say is, good luck to you...

"You guys don't really know who you're dealing with."

"Oh yeah, and who exactly are we dealing with?"

"I'm the mother flippin' rhymenoceros."

advice from more knowledgeable friends, etc.

Lucky you. More knowledgeable friends. :(

Anyway, I managed to solve my problem du jour (ironically, my ActionScript was working just fine, doing exactly what I wanted, only it was masked by a completely unrelated issue), so no boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

“I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” — Flannery O'Connor

Writing at the new Decent Films | Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

I can't tell you how many times I not only had something not working right, but was completely wrong about what it actually was that wasn't working right in the first place. Ughh, you're brining back bad memories...

"You guys don't really know who you're dealing with."

"Oh yeah, and who exactly are we dealing with?"

"I'm the mother flippin' rhymenoceros."