Overstreet

Blade Runner 2

"'Prisoners' & 'Enemy' Director Denis Villeneuve To Helm 'Blade Runner' Sequel, Harrison Ford Confirmed To Return"

"Harrison Ford will reprise his celebrated role of Rick Deckard in the sequel to Alcon Entertainment’s BLADE RUNNER and Academy Award nominee Denis Villeneuve to (Prisoners, Incendies) is in negotiations to direct, it was announced by Alcon co-founders and co-CEO’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson.

Film is scheduled to start principle photography in summer of 2016. Hampton Fancher (co-writer of the original) and Michael Green have written the original screenplay based on an idea by Fancher and Ridely Scott. The story takes place several decades after the conclusion of the 1982 original."

NBooth   

"Harrison Ford will reprise his celebrated role of Rick Deckard [...] The story takes place several decades after the conclusion of the 1982 original."

I should hope so!

Headlines keep telling me the sequel has "found" its director, followed by the actual story, which reveals he's in "negotiations" to direct. I don't think those two things are the same.

I keep clicking on this topic kinda like a canker sore on the inside of my mouth that I can't let my tongue leave alone.  

If they close the deal, that is a shocking turn of events. I still hope and pray the whole project collapses. But if it must take place, they could do much, much worse than Villeneuve.

And so, just as years of "did they or didn't they?" speculation ended with Before Sunset, so too we will finally learn whether Harrison Ford or Ridley Scott won the "is he a replicant or isn't he?" argument.

Anders   

Makes sense. Deakin worked with Villeneuve on PRISONERS.

I wonder if she'll be a new model Pris. She sure looks the part.

The title is Blade Runner 2049. Here's a synopsis:

Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what’s left of society into chaos. K’s discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years.

The first teaser trailer appeared today, but I can't find a way to embed the Entertainment Weekly video. You can see it at this link.

Edited by Joel Mayward