Google's 10th anniversary

Links to the threads on 'Google A&F Available' (Dec 2004), 'Google strikes again!' (May 2005 - Sep 2006), 'Guess-the-Google' (Aug 2005), 'Changing Fortunes at Google' (Aug - Sep 2006), 'Googlewhack!' (Jan - Feb 2007) and 'Search Engine Blues' (Aug 2007), among others.

Google is celebrating its 10th anniversary ... and they have brought back their oldest available index, from January 2001:

http://www.google.com/search2001.html

Googling my own name turns up a website that no longer exists any more (I use .com, rather than .net, now). It also turns up Christianity Today's AOL page.

Googling Jeffrey Overstreet turns up his review of Nurse Betty at promontoryartists.org, the AOL page for The O Times, and contact info from the City of Seattle on getting answers to "your questions on electrical work, zoning and land use, building, plumbing, drainage, and permits."

Googling Steven Greydanus turns up a Home Schooling List Digest entry or two, an assertion by someone named Griff Ruby that SDG invented the question that he was answering in a Catholic apologetics column, and, somewhere near the bottom of the page, a little thing called Decent Films.

Fun times, fun times.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.