Buddy and Julie Miller - new album in 2009

I just love the project that had both of their names. Gosh, I love "Little Darlin'."

Seems it's one of their only projects that includes both of their names. Seems to me that they need MANY more projects with both of their names.

Edited by stef

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

Great news.

I'm curious: What are we to make of Robert Plant dueting first with Alison Krauss, and now with Buddy Miller -- both of whom are Christians, right? I mean, sure, both are accomplished singer songwriters, but it seems strange that Plant would choose to work with those two.

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

• 1 month later...

According to Josh's link, they're kicking off their tour at the Birchmere!

I remember the days when I could go to concerts. And see Buddy and Julie.

Those were the days... :(

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

Great news.

I'm curious: What are we to make of Robert Plant dueting first with Alison Krauss, and now with Buddy Miller -- both of whom are Christians, right? I mean, sure, both are accomplished singer songwriters, but it seems strange that Plant would choose to work with those two.

I wouldn't read too much into this. Plant had a hankering for American folk and blues even during his Led Zeppelin days, and Alison Krauss is on record that she's enamored with '70s rock bands, particularly Foreigner and ... wait for it ... Led Zeppelin. Granted, it's not the most obvious pairing, but it does make sense on some levels. And their duets album was excellent. Buddy is T-Bone Burnett's go-to guitarist, and he played on the recent Plant/Krauss tour, so there were some built-in connections there as well.

I'm really looking forward to this new album. The thought of Buddy Miller and Robert Plant singing on the same song makes me all giddy, like a teenager. Every Buddy or Julie solo album is, in essence, a Buddy/Julie album anyway, but I'm always up for new material from either, or both.

Ahaaha!.....ah(think Valhala I am comoing!!) and Baybee Baybee( do ya like it's)!! I want Buddy in the sequined dragon pants and singin falsetto.....er... wait.....Maybe not.

I like the Skip Spence lovin, Everly Brothers singin Plant and look forward to him and Buddy singing in a George Jones/Johnny Paycheck kinda way.....

..........the dragon pants would be cool though!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Plato

• 2 months later...

This marks the first time I

• 3 weeks later...

Huffington Post:

John & Yoko's "Double Fantasy" has to be the reason Sony invented programmable CD players. And Buddy & Julie Miller's Written In Chalk, due out on March 3rd from the New West label, must be the reason all CD players have a repeat button. Buddy & Julie Miller have been singing, recording, and producing music together, for each other and for others for over 20 years. On this new collaboration, they have some help from good friends Emmylou Harris, Robert Plant, and Patty Griffin, and what they give us could be the best moments of their illustrious careers.

It took me a few days to get through the whole record because I couldn't get beyond the opening track, Mr. Miller's autobiographical "Ellis County," a big, moving story with a killer melody and even "killerer" harmonies. (mid-February 2009, and "Ellis County" is my favorite song of the year.) When I finally moved on, I found a few more gems, like the Buddy & Robert Plant duet on the Mel Tillis penned "What You Gonna Do Leroy." Plant sounds quite at home doing the Nashville shimmy with Buddy Miller. Then there is "Don't Say Goodbye," Julie Miller's heartbreaker featuring Patty Griffin's harmonies. This one will tear you apart.

Partner in Cahoots

www.cahootsmag.com

I don

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Buddy's coming to Wolf Trap Sunday night, with Emmylou Harris, Patty Griffin and Shawn Colvin. I'm a fan of all of them, and I've never seen Colvin live, and lawn seats are just $22. I don't usually go to concerts on Sunday evenings (I have evening church), but am seriously considering making an exception.

EXCEPT ... I just heard a commercial for the show on the new "Fresh 94.7," which I turned on a couple of minutes ago just to get away from the AM talk show that was bugging me. This "Fresh" format replaced a stale-beyond-belief Classic Rocker, but the new format is standard Hot Adult Contemporary tedium. To hear a Buddy Miller show advertised on the station chills me to the bone, to be honest. To think I'll be sitting on the lawn, surrounded by Sheryl Crow fans who know nothing by any of the perfomers, except for "Sunny Came Home." I probably should've seen this group a few months ago at the Birchmere, except the tickets for that show were more than $100.