Sign in to follow this  
Jim Janknegt

Last Judgment

Here is my latest painting: Last Judgment, 8 feet x 5 feet, acrylic on canvas. Here you can click on the image and get more details.

LastJudgement20.jpg

If any of you are going to be in the Austin are on Saturday, 18 April 2009 this painting as well as several others will be on display at the Diocese of Austin's Sacred Art Exhibit at St. Edward's University Mabee Hall from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.

Edited by Jim Janknegt

Wow wow wow WOW.

Can I have permission to use this as the cover for a church bulletin (if that doesn't sound trivial)? I'll be preaching on the Last Judgment around the end of the year.

Wow wow wow WOW.

Can I have permission to use this as the cover for a church bulletin (if that doesn't sound trivial)? I'll be preaching on the Last Judgment around the end of the year.

Sure, I usually let churches and other non-profit groups use my work at no charge. If the image isn't big enough contact me and I'll email you a larger one.

Coincidentally, I just saw another piece with the same name. In Rome. Guy named Michelangelo.

I'm not sure I don't like your treatment better.

Jim, I really like a lot of your works. But that may very well be my favorite.

Dale

Great work, Jim, but Michelangelo worked in a nude self-portrait in his. Where is yours?

I think the self portrait Michelangelo included was the flayed skin of St Bartholomew:

MichLastDet.jpg

Believe me, I'm doing you a favor by not including a nude self portrait!

I like it, too, Jim!

The blood pouring into the open mouth at the bottom has a very nice Hieronymus Bosch feel to it.