Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thom Wade

21 Jump Street...the Movie!

16 posts in this topic

I ask why? Was the show really that popular that they need to bring it back with a movie?

I was into 21 Jumpstreet but I don't know if it would make a good movie.

Hmmmm...Starsky and Hutch, Charlie's Angels, etc...

I suppose I could see it as a version of Training Day.

Bring Barretta to the big screen!!

Well, this is clearly a no-Nguyen situation...

10 to 1 odds that Mr. Depp makes an appearance.

Ha! This is great. I swear during a long car trip I took this weekend I wondered why no one had done a movie from this show. I watched it all the time. It was Rock and Roll High School meets Miami Vice, what could be cooler than that?

Channing Tatum About To Leap Into '21 Jump Street' With Sony Pictures

EXCLUSIVE: Channing Tatum has jumped to the top of the list for the lead of Sony Pictures Entertainment's 21 Jump Street. I'm told that Tatum will soon be in negotiations to star alongside Jonah Hill. Production will begin in the spring. Based on the 1987 Stephen J. Cannell series that was one of the Fox Network's early successes and launched Johnny Depp, the movie was scripted by Michael Bacall based on a story he hatched with Hill. The film will be directed by Cloudy with the Chance of Meatballs helmers Phil Lord and Chris Miller. . . .

Mike Fleming, Deadline.com, November 9

10 to 1 odds that Mr. Depp makes an appearance.

Depp says: "I'm in."

It just looks like a standard current buddy/cop comedy film. It could be Jonah Hill in the lead...but it could just as easily be Seth Rogan...it just does not seem to matter. It looks dull.

Apparently I'm too easily amused. I thought the crack about Tatum's character looking "like a forty year old man" was a little funny (mostly because I like seeing them hang a lampshade on Dawson casting).

(FWIW, while checking on Tatum's actual age at IMDB, I was reminded that he's from my hometown-area. That "small town...outside of Birmingham" is actually about an hour outside of Birmingham, in another county. Still the "greater Birmingham area," though. Oh, and Tatum's in his thirties).

Edited by NBooth

Not even enticing. Good to see that it isn't attempting a throw back to the original series.

My high school's drama teacher was in an episode of 21 Jump Street according to IMDB.

Edited by winter shaker