Sign in to follow this  
techne

techne's new installation

as i work towards a new installation/ exhibition this october, i would like to solicit input and thoughts from friends, followers and random visitors. obviously i will be working with books and text (both found and generated), but also windows, portals and doors (o my!).

my request to you, is that you consider contributing quotes, poems or books that explore/ comment upon the following ideas (or any others that may tangentially connect for you within the somewhat vaguely offered context) as grist for the mill: books, communication, text, language, writing, reading, orality, aurality, images, art, creativity, seriality, narrative, travel, journey, pilgrimage, culture, imagination, story, myth, philosophy, exploration, discovery...

here's my first contribution: of all man's instruments, the most astonishing is, without any doubt, the book. the others are extensions of his body. the microscope, the telescope, are extensions of his eyes; the telephone an extension of his voice; then we have the plow and the sword, extensions of his arm. but the book is something else: the book is an extension of memory and imagination. - jorge luis borges

please leave your thoughts, suggestions, questions or comments at my blog.

thanks,

edward

Edited by techne

techne - very intriguing!

do you have any photos from previous installations posted somewhere? I'd very much like to take a look, if so...

sure -- my 'blog has a bit...