Sign in to follow this  
M. Dale Prins

Jack Black: Bible "written by...an lidiot"

See whole article here:

In a statement that could upset a lot of people, [Jack Black] said: "Do you believe that God came down and went 'I have to make the Earth'?

"And then said, 'I'm going to invent nighttime and daytime'. "You don't invent daytime and nighttime, it's just the Earth turning. It was written by kind of an idiot.

"He didn't know basic stuff. I don't believe that God - and there may be a God, I'm not saying there isn't - whispered in someone's ear, 'This is what I want you to write, this is my message to the people, the humans of Earth'. "I don't believe that. Asa document it definitely reads like, 'This is written by somebody, this is somebody writing some stuff'."

The dad-of-two admits he listened to a biography of German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche (he was on a long plane ride) and was immediately intrigued.

"He was saying that the Bible was really the product of slave morality." explained the actor.

"It was a document written by slaves. He's saying there are two kinds of morality, the slave and the master, and the master one is not entirely healthy.

"There needs to be a new morality created by the superman, so that's what I'm gonna do. superman."

Dale

Metalfoot on Emmanuel Shall Come to Thee's Noel: "...this album is...monotony...bland, tripy fare..."

I was thinking of another such article, an interview with _Year One_ director (and onetime comedy legend) Harold Ramis:

Capone: You
Edited by Nick Alexander

Nick Alexander

Keynote, Worship Leader, Comedian, Parodyist

Host of the Prayer Meeting Podcast - your virtual worship oasis. (Subscribe)

See whole article here:

In a statement that could upset a lot of people, [Jack Black] said: "Do you believe that God came down and went 'I have to make the Earth'?

"And then said, 'I'm going to invent nighttime and daytime'. "You don't invent daytime and nighttime, it's just the Earth turning. It was written by kind of an idiot.

"He didn't know basic stuff. I don't believe that God - and there may be a God, I'm not saying there isn't - whispered in someone's ear, 'This is what I want you to write, this is my message to the people, the humans of Earth'. "I don't believe that. Asa document it definitely reads like, 'This is written by somebody, this is somebody writing some stuff'."

The dad-of-two admits he listened to a biography of German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche (he was on a long plane ride) and was immediately intrigued.

"He was saying that the Bible was really the product of slave morality." explained the actor.

"It was a document written by slaves. He's saying there are two kinds of morality, the slave and the master, and the master one is not entirely healthy.

"There needs to be a new morality created by the superman, so that's what I'm gonna do. superman."

Dale

I wonder if Jack is familiar with the history of World War II. Perhaps he's been delving too deeply into the intricacies of philosophy and theology to pay much attention to the ramifications of that superman ideology.