Sign in to follow this  
Buckeye Jones

Spammers

Does it count as spam if "CocoChanels" sends an unsolicited PM advertising some professional service? Ew.

Edited by BethR

There is this difference between the growth of some human beings and that of others: in the one case it is a continuous dying, in the other a continuous resurrection. (George MacDonald, The Princess and Curdie)

Isn't narrative structure enough of an ideology for art? (Greg Wright)

BethR wrote:

: Does it count as spam if "CocoChanels" sends an unsolicited PM advertising some professional service? Ew.

Ditto.

I was also surprised that I didn't receive an e-mail notifying me of this PM. I used to get e-mail notifications all the time. Has that feature been turned off?

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

I also got a PM spam from CocoChanels and was wondering how to report it.

Edward Curtis

Morgantown, WV

Hold the physician in honor, for he is essential to you, and God it was who created his profession. Sirach 38:1 NAB

FWIW, I got ANOTHER private message from CocoChanels yesterday. And again, no e-mail notification.

Oh, and now we have Keller.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

new user Genroxbro posted spam in the film makers forum.

The point of his/her post is the link, not the stupid broadside against British film that is absolutely meaningless.

Especially since the post "responds" to a nonexistent post by a nonexistent user. I've removed the post and will report the offender.

“I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” — Flannery O'Connor

Writing at the new Decent Films | Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

Recent offenders have been banned.

Thanks everyone for your help.

new user Genroxbro posted spam in the film makers forum.

The point of his/her post is the link, not the stupid broadside against British film that is absolutely meaningless.

Especially since the post "responds" to a nonexistent post by a nonexistent user. I've removed the post and will report the offender.

Reply by new user gumpos in Literature forum added a (probable) spam link to quoted text. Added nothing further to the conversation but "me too"

Edited by BethR

There is this difference between the growth of some human beings and that of others: in the one case it is a continuous dying, in the other a continuous resurrection. (George MacDonald, The Princess and Curdie)

I don't ever remember receiving a spam PM at A&F before but this morning I logged in and found this old scam.

Should I contact her to get her bank acct number?

From Sister(Mrs).Adelin Kayima,

Abidjan Cote d Ivoire West Africa

Dearest in the lord,

I am Mrs Adelin H. Kayima ,from Sierra Leone.I am married to late Dr Chris Kayima, who worked with Sierra Leone Embassy in Ivory Coast for Twenty-Six years before he died in the year 2003,after a brief illness that lasted for only five days. We were married for Eighteen years with a duaghter (Sianeh) who later died in a motor accident.Before the untimely death of my husband,we were both born again Christians(from Moslem to Christianity). And since after his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of (US$2.5M )Two Million,Five hundred Thousand United States Dollars) in a General Trust Account with a prime bank in Abidjan Cote d Ivoire. Presently,this money is still with the bank. Following my ill health, being a victim to cancer , I have decided to donate this fund to a Christain organizations (Church) that will utilize this fund the way I am going to instruct herein,according to the desire of my late husband. I want this fund to be used in Christain Activities like,Orphanages, Christain schools, and Churches for propagating the word of God and to endeavour that the house of God is maintained. The Bible made us to understand that "Blessed is the hand that giveth". I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers. I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14 says that "the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace". I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health as well the presence of my husband's relatives around me .I don't want them to know about this development. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank here in Abidjan. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that Wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and Truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life as well commit me into your daily prayers. Contact me on this e-mail address:(adelinkayima@hosanna.net), any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing another Church for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein. Hoping to receive your reply immediately .

Remain blessed in the Lord.

Yours in Christ,

Sister Adelin Kayima .

Avenue 4 Marcory residential

14 bp 211 Abidjan 14

oh - username Adelin

Edited by Persona

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

Yeah. Any one of us could. Adelin has been banned. I woke up this morning to her "plea".

"During the contest trial, the Coleman team presented evidence of a further 6500 absentees that it felt deserved to be included under the process that had produced the prior 933 [submitted by Franken, rk]. The three judges finally defined what constituted a 'legal' absentee ballot. Countable ballots, for instance, had to contain the signature of the voter, complete registration information, and proper witness credentials.

But the panel only applied the standards going forward, severely reducing the universe of additional basentees the Coleman team could hope to have included. In the end, the three judges allowed about 350 additional absentees to be counted. The panel also did nothing about the hundreds, possibly thousands, of absentees that have already been legally included, yet are now 'illegal' according to the panel's own ex-post definition."

The Wall Street Journal editorial, April 18, 2009 concerning the Franken Coleman decision in the Minnesota U.S. Senate race of 2008.

post by "allygal" in Thomas Wolfe thread appears to be primarily for purpose of inserting spam link in quote:

http://artsandfaith.com/index.php?showtopi...mp;#entry202435

post by "allygal" in Thomas Wolfe thread appears to be primarily for purpose of inserting spam link in quote:

http://artsandfaith.com/index.php?showtopi...mp;#entry202435

Very sophisticated. :( Thanks, BethR, I've removed the offending post and will escalate to management.

Edited by SDG

“I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” — Flannery O'Connor

Writing at the new Decent Films | Follow me on Twitter and Facebook