Anna J   

Apparently this is an IPB problem that should be solved with a recent patch. I've requested the upgrade and will let you know when it's done--please let me know after that if you're still getting the same url4short thing.

Thanks!

SDG   

I am still getting that damn url4short.info link bug. And they're making it harder and harder to get away once you land there.

Note: I typically hit it via Google search of Arts & Faith. The next time I repeat the Google search, I get the right URL.

opus   

FWIW, there is a patch but it requires upgrading the site to the new version of the forum software. Working on it...

solution

http://url4short.info/3e2b941a

what they have to do is remove the default Skin

deletes Languages

and back up another skin and language

cache / lang_cache

exploit this infected

cache / lang_cache

Skin defect

redirected http://url4short.info/3e2b941a

here you can test if it is infected

http://wepawet.iseclab.org/index.php

sorry for my Inglés

Hey. Now this is meta!

I find I only get that bug once per day -- usually (maybe always) when I follow a Google link to A&F for the first time on any given day.

But yeah, I'm still getting it too.

shyerychen's two posts seem quite suspicious.

http://ArtsAndFaith.com/index.php?showtopic=28799&p=293775

http://artsandfaith.com/index.php?showtopic=28839

Especially the second, there are too many grammatical errors and it would belong in the Man of Steel thread.

I believe someone is trying to sell General Zod replica masks.

I wonder if the board software upgrade isn't responsible for making us vulnerable to spammers again -- I have no scientific evidence to back that up, of course...

Roy Leer (love the name) has been flagged as spammer.

(wishing us all a Happy New Year, in the latter case).

I appreciate how thoughtful these spammers are!

NBooth   

And now, Bauldrere, who started threads (including another Man of Steel thread!) here and here and contributed to two other threads here and here (wishing us all a Happy New Year, in the latter case).

The thread "Have you seen the big radio?" could qualify as a kind of poetry:

"Have you seen the big radio?

Do you remember what time?

And that time how old are you?"

More Man of Steel spam here, and another thread started by shyerychen here, wishing to be a character from Assassin's Creed.

Spammers drive me nuts, but the attempts of these guys to blend in here are kind of mesmerizing. I agree with Nathaniel on the creepy, poetic aspect of some of the writing. I...kind of want more.

Aks2013 may not be a spammer (sorry if you aren't!), but the text from his or her new Supernatural thread is a cut-and-paste job from IMDb. Threat level has now increased to yellow.

Evan C   

Aks2013 may not be a spammer (sorry if you aren't!), but the text from his or her new Supernatural thread is a cut-and-paste job from IMDb. Threat level has now increased to yellow.

His post in the Breaking Bad thread is quite suspicious as well.

His Supernatural thread here.

Between the grammatical errors, cut and paste job in both threads, I would say threat level is now at orange.

Aks2013 is also following the exact same pattern that the other recent spammers did.

More Man of Steel spam here, and another thread started by shyerychen here, wishing to be a character from Assassin's Creed.

Spammers drive me nuts, but the attempts of these guys to blend in here are kind of mesmerizing. I agree with Nathaniel on the creepy, poetic aspect of some of the writing. I...kind of want more.

What I find creepy is that the spammers are getting better and better at English (provided Aks2013 is a spammer); at this point they could almost pass for a person who has a week knowledge of English grammar.

Edited by Evan C

Rushmore   

What I find creepy is that the spammers are getting better and better at English (provided Aks2013 is a spammer); at this point they could almost pass for a person who has a week knowledge of English grammar.

That's unintentionally (?) brilliant.

Evan C   

That's unintentionally (?) brilliant.

Aaagh!  That is what happens when I eat breakfast and type simultaneously. blush.png

On second thought I suppose it is kind of funny.

Edited by Evan C

Iylenhu has left some gems: he (or she, or it) wonders if Assassins Creed 3 is out yet, is excited about superhero movies, and poetically muses on the density of Zod's mask (which, in case you didn't know, can be made on the internet). 

"Is it the black goods heavy than the white goods?" Good question, Iylenhu.