opus

Criterion sale at Barnes & Noble

NBooth   

I've been waiting for this. Looking to finally get Eraserhead to replace my current DVD. Other than that, I've been really wanting to check out some more Pasolini, so maybe I'll get really freaky and check out the Trilogy of Life boxset. 

The sale has begun! I've purchased the new Blu-ray of Stalker and the Dreyer DVD box set with Ordet, Day of Wrath, etc.

NBooth   
On 7/7/2017 at 2:59 PM, NBooth said:

I've been waiting for this. Looking to finally get Eraserhead to replace my current DVD. Other than that, I've been really wanting to check out some more Pasolini, so maybe I'll get really freaky and check out the Trilogy of Life boxset. 

Wound up getting both of these plus Chimes at Midnight. 

Picked up these three tonight.  A bit of a theme going on this time (a few more of these sales, and I should have all the Criterion samurai titles).

criterion7-16-17.png

If anyone buys Criterions online, starting today you can get a $10 B&N reward card w/ every $50 you spend on BN.com. July 17 through July 22. Note that the reward card is redeemable only from August 9 through August 19th at 2:59AM EST. Of course, the downside to buying online is that you don't get the 10% membership discount.

Only at BN.com: Earn a $10.00 Barnes & Noble Reward Card with every $50.00 you spend in a Single Transaction only at BN.com from July 17, 2017 at 12:01AM EST to July 22, 2017 at 2:59AM EST.

This offer entitles you to get a $10.00 Reward Card for every $50.00 you spend in a Single Transaction only at BN.com. The value of your purchase must total at least $50.00 to qualify for the $10.00 Barnes & Noble Reward Card. Sales tax, gift wrap, processing charges, or any additional charges will not count towards the qualifying $50.00 purchase amount. On July 26, 2017 you will receive an email that your order qualifies for this offer.

The Reward Card will be delivered via email to you on August 9, 2017 to the email address associated with your purchase on https://www.barnesandnoble.com/. The Reward Card is redeemable at https://www.barnesandnoble.com/ beginning on August 9, 2017 at 9:00AM EST and expiring on August 19, 2017 at 2:59AM EST, and at Barnes & Noble retail bookstores beginning August 9, 2017 and expiring August 18, 2017, at close of business.

Additional Rules Governing this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g.,marketplace items, etc.); and (iv) may not be combined with any other offer. Returns or cancellations may result in forfeiture of the $10.00 Reward Card. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is not valid for purchases made at Barnes & Noble retail bookstores or at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.

Edited by du Garbandier

9 hours ago, John Drew said:

Picked up these three tonight.  A bit of a theme going on this time (a few more of these sales, and I should have all the Criterion samurai titles).

criterion7-16-17.png

These are awesome choices.

Evan C   

Sorry for the topic diversion, but since I had a generous gift card, which I had been saving for the sale, I picked up these as well.

20136664_1369433733171404_1904531808_n.jpg

3 hours ago, Evan C said:

I went with these two.

20108378_1369373123177465_6253227436467275778_n.jpg

Envious.  Kagemusha was at the top of my list, but I couldn't find a Blu-ray copy.  Maybe later in the month I'll order it, or try again in November.

Edited by John Drew

Evan C   

Charade was at the top of mine, but I couldn't find the Blu-ray anywhere in the store, even though the computer said it was in stock, so I figured I'd wait until next sale.

On 7/17/2017 at 11:12 PM, Evan C said:

Charade was at the top of mine, but I couldn't find the Blu-ray anywhere in the store, even though the computer said it was in stock, so I figured I'd wait until next sale.

I would try placing a hold on it at your store via the website. If the employees can't find it, you can often do a ship-to-home order where you still get the membership discount. I'm not sure if you have to be at your store to do that, or if you could do it over the phone.

Checked back in at my B&N, and picked up a copy of the restocked Kagemusha blu-ray.  Then I went over budget and picked up Stalker, which they only got in today. I must say, Kagemusha may have the most beautiful accompanying booklet of any Criterion film I've come across.

Edited by John Drew