opus

Criterion sale at Barnes & Noble

Anybody finding additional coupons or codes that work with this sale? 50% off is good, but right now it's still outta my reach.

Anybody finding additional coupons or codes that work with this sale? 50% off is good, but right now it's still outta my reach.

I think I remember reading that you get an additional 10% off if you have a Barnes and Noble card.

I went with the Dreyer box set after all. Then I had a dream where a package arrived from Criterion, but it contained Dirty Harry 3 instead of Dreyer.

I picked up The Double Life of Veronique, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, and Ministry of Fear.

There are fewer and fewer coupons nowadays, and more coupon restrictions. Today I received a 20% off member coupon from B&N email, but the cashier had to do some kind of manual override to give me the discount. I suspect a less friendly clerk might not have done so.

Another 24-hour 50% off sale began at noon Eastern time today. The coupon code is INGRID.

I believe that is only for DVDs bought at Criterion.com, not Barnes & Noble.

Another 24-hour 50% off sale began at noon Eastern time today. The coupon code is INGRID.

I believe that is only for DVDs bought at Criterion.com, not Barnes & Noble.

That's true, but I thought this thread was a good place to post information about any opportunities to get Criterion discs at a discount.

I am pretty sure Criterion flash sales have been publicized in this thread in the past.

It's fine to put it here; I just wish it had been clearly labelled. I wasted 20 minutes at B&N website only to find that discount didn't apply. Just trying to spare others the same aggravation. (Incidentally, the discount at Criterion is off SRP and not Criterion.com prices, so it is also somewhat misleading to to say 50% off.)

Edited by kenmorefield

Plus, Barnes and Noble members get an additional 10% during the B&N 50%-off sale... and free shipping. So, no contest.

It's fine to put it here; I just wish it had been clearly labelled. I wasted 20 minutes at B&N website only to find that discount didn't apply. Just trying to spare others the same aggravation. (Incidentally, the discount at Criterion is off SRP and not Criterion.com prices, so it is also somewhat misleading to to say 50% off.)

Understandable. I'm sorry I didn't take the time to be clearer.

Amidst titles such as: M, The Magician, Fanny and Alexander, Wild Strawberries, A Man Escaped, The Night of the Hunter, The Killing, Modern TimesThe Ice Storm, The Spirit of the Beehive, BrazilSeven Samurai, Badlands, Paris Texas, and Rushmore; I finally settled on: Babette's Feast, The Seventh Seal, and The Royal Tenenbaums.  (It was a very hard decision.)

I suppose it really doesn't make sense for me not to own Rushmore.

Wait.  Are you saying YOU don't own Rushmore!?!

On the other hand, I didn't own Babette's Feast until today, so I guess I don't really have an argument.

On the other hand, I didn't own Babette's Feast until today, so I guess I don't really have an argument.

I don't own Bicycle Thieves either. With occasional exceptions, the films I buy have more to do with chance (e.g., finding a $5 DVD at the grocery store) than anything else.

Edited by Rushmore

I don't own Bicycle Thieves either. With occasional exceptions, the films I buy have more to do with chance (e.g., finding a $5 DVD at the grocery store) than anything else.

Next thing you're going to tell me is you don't own Toy Story.

Seriously though, I do the same thing.  I look through the heavily discounted titles at Barnes and Noble, Amazon etc. and pick up those.

Well, I made a quick stop at Barnes & Noble tonight, and walked out with the Rushmore blu-ray. I'm now a much more complete, integrated person than before.